U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 01:49 PM

2,910 posts, read 3,070,334 times

Advertisements

I love this thread, I was born southern, and feel southern, but I like many things about the north, and my mom was from New York!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 06:35 PM

56 posts, read 9,689 times
NC born & bred, but my ♥ belongs out West. Heading there in less than 3 months, super excited!

Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times
Ever told someone that you were born and raised in North Carolina and you prefer NHL Hockey to all other sports, especially College Basketball? Well I have, and they all assume I'm from the Northeast or Canada and when I break the news to them that this isn't the case, they refuse to believe it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good game of collegiate hoops, it's just that Ice Hockey is better

Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM

1,833 posts, read 1,258,599 times
I'm generally all for people identifying however they want, but this type of labels has always been odd to me. Less so since you've actually lived in the North at this point but, regarding others, imagine meeting Americans, born and raised, who said they have always been Japanese or Danish at heart.

Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM

4,281 posts, read 2,531,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Ever told someone that you were born and raised in North Carolina and you prefer NHL Hockey to all other sports, especially College Basketball? Well I have, and they all assume I'm from the Northeast or Canada and when I break the news to them that this isn't the case, they refuse to believe it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good game of collegiate hoops, it's just that Ice Hockey is better
Just one of the many reasons I could never live in the south. I have four hockey games this weekend. My nine year old has two. At three different rinks within 20 mins of my house (while we pass three others). You can't get that anywhere in the south.

I saw the Canes were ranked #15 in the summer power rankings. Better than my Habs.

Old Today, 06:44 PM

3,663 posts, read 1,546,642 times
Interesting thread. I was born, raised, and now live in North Carolina (after a few stints in FL, OH, and MA). I'm Southern and absolutely love the culture and the experience it brought me. But I also love other regions for what they are and respect their roots and feelings of pride. It's great to see. My wife was raised in the Boston area, but move to Charlotte in the mid 80's for a lower COL, better job opportunities, and to find me, lol. She loves her New England roots, but says she's a Southern Girl for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or