U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there front door locked when you are home during the day?
Yes it is always locked 54 60.00%
My door is unlocked during the day 29 32.22%
None of your business- are you a burglar? 7 7.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,473,479 times

Advertisements

some of the more expensive homes in Santa Fe have been getting robbed too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM

144 posts, read 500,102 times
I live in good old Joplin, Missouri. While we have some crime, it is generally isolated to the complete opposite side of town. We live in a nice suburban subdivision where we know all our neighbors. However, we rarely leave the door unlocked when we leave the house...unless we are only going to be gone a few minutes.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 AM

37 posts, read 91,506 times
I live in a small town in Northern California, down a relatively long dirt road. My door is never locked, there's no reason. The only people that drive this way are friends/family and lost tourists. I'm not worried about either. By the time most people get to my house, they're just looking for a place to turn around.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:00 PM

784 posts, read 2,052,512 times
For all of you who dont lock.,,remember to put your address down too.lol

Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM

12,083 posts, read 34,215,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
For all of you who dont lock.,,remember to put your address down too.lol
No problem. Cheaper than buying dog food for the Mutt. And if I am home, the PO'ed dog trying to chew their head off is the least of their worries.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,994,256 times
I live in the suburbs of Albuquerque and.. i dont lock my doors, even tho its albuquerque haha, i figure leave the door unlocked so people dont break my damn windows lol, i live in a safe part of town and my out of state neighbors are wonderful!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:33 PM

10,234 posts, read 14,011,765 times
Very rare that I leave my doors unlocked, even for short errands. I live in the burbs of Portland, but there have been some aggressive break-ins during the daytime. Lots of crime here (many illegals). And when we know we're returning at nightfall I try to remember to leave the porch light on.

Robbery and theft is a humongous Oregon crime.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:16 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,473,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I live in the suburbs of Albuquerque and.. i dont lock my doors, even tho its albuquerque haha, i figure leave the door unlocked so people dont break my damn windows lol, i live in a safe part of town and my out of state neighbors are wonderful!

good one---on my old truck I had a glass sliding window on the back that was very easy to move open from the outside, I knew I would be broken into sometime and yep I got broken into and they found it easier to just slide open that window and crawl in instead of breaking it like they did my neighbors cars that were parked beside me.

anyways I never leave the home unlocked, a couple of months back some guys broke into my friends daughters house and held her and her b/f up at gunpoint and robbed em pretty good then cracked the boyfriends head open and sent him to the hospital.

Some shady looking guys came knocking on my door 2 nights ago at midnight but I didnt answer the door I just talked to em throught it.If I had my gun handy I would have opened the door, but I have had to pull it on some punk once who came throwing rocks at my door.

people are nuts these days

Old 11-11-2008, 06:39 AM

20,517 posts, read 26,421,136 times
We don't leave the door locked during the day but the entrance gate into our property is always locked.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:17 AM

3,436 posts, read 5,994,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
good one---on my old truck I had a glass sliding window on the back that was very easy to move open from the outside, I knew I would be broken into sometime and yep I got broken into and they found it easier to just slide open that window and crawl in instead of breaking it like they did my neighbors cars that were parked beside me.

anyways I never leave the home unlocked, a couple of months back some guys broke into my friends daughters house and held her and her b/f up at gunpoint and robbed em pretty good then cracked the boyfriends head open and sent him to the hospital.

Some shady looking guys came knocking on my door 2 nights ago at midnight but I didnt answer the door I just talked to em throught it.If I had my gun handy I would have opened the door, but I have had to pull it on some punk once who came throwing rocks at my door.

people are nuts these days

Whoa!! which part of town do you live in??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.