U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 10:35 AM

13,356 posts, read 7,018,519 times

Advertisements

Eastern Europeans fit in quite well in the US. Plus, I notice many are genuinely more pro-American than Western Europeans. I think you would fit into very well, considering that. Only complication is getting in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 09:41 PM

1,014 posts, read 640,325 times
If you've got that tall, dark and handsome Bulgarian thing going on, consider moving to the Midwest or Intermountain West, especially AZ/UT/ID. You may very well have women chasing after you.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:18 AM

92 posts, read 46,810 times
Yes but I would put up with any kind of women, you know. :P

Old 10-22-2017, 09:38 AM

7,725 posts, read 9,024,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I'll be very honest and blunt here. If you're a white immigrant, you'll blend it way better to American culture than you're a non-white immigrant. Typically, America goes by race, not ethnicity or nationality. Since you're white, yes, you'll be treated better than in Western Europe which goes by nationality and ethnicity more than race.
This! Although you will see ignorant people everywhere.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:40 PM

What about the UK, are they really xenophobic?

Old 10-22-2017, 06:44 PM

1,014 posts, read 640,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriko88 View Post
What about the UK, are they really xenophobic?
In 2017, Ireland would probably be a safer bet than the UK. Overall, Ireland seems to have fewer issues stemming from radical Islamic terrorism than the UK. Ireland is also a wealthier nation with friendlier people, prettier scenery and more beautiful women. People speak English there, too.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:58 PM

Well they say the same about Italians and Spaniards but most of them I've met have been jerks to me.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:29 AM

124 posts, read 72,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriko88 View Post
Well they say the same about Italians and Spaniards but most of them I've met have been jerks to me.
Indeed, I've been to several places in both Italy and Spain and the general customer service and hospitality is underwhelming to say the least.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:09 AM

377 posts, read 202,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snilsson View Post
Indeed, I've been to several places in both Italy and Spain and the general customer service and hospitality is underwhelming to say the least.
In Europe, there are some cultural differences at play.

In America, waiters/waitresses will come by and ask you right away if you like the meal. This is considered rude in Europe, and rarely done. In fact, I hate this about eating in America, it's like being interrupted mid-meal.

Same way about getting your check. In America, they watch you like a hawk and as soon as they see you that you finished they swoop in and ask you if you want anything else, and if not promptly present you the check. In Europe, this is considered pushy and indicative of a poorer establishment though I don't mind this personally since I'm often in a rush.

In Europe, it's much more customary for you to call out to the waiter when you need something. Americans seem way too polite (especially midwesterners) to do this so they end up staring around like lost sheep.

There is also the difference that tipping is not expected in Europe where its customary in America. Since the server in America knows their tip may fluctuate a bit by how they act, they try super hard. So I will give you that.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:24 AM

65 posts, read 32,381 times
Short answer yes. You eastern Europeans are by far the friendliest in Europe, the only friendly Europeans apart from some French and Italians I have met, the Spanish are rude, the Portuguese are friendly, the Parisians are *******s the Germans are arrogant, the Scandinavians are racist, the Russians are cocky, the Polish are major *******s, the Italians aren't too bad, don't get me started on the British and Dutch, two rudest countries do NOT go there if you are a friendly Serbian or Romanian or other eastern European. You Eastern Europeans may be cheap and come off as quite selfish, but you are the friendliest Europeans I have met. Your friendly and extroverted personalites are more similar to the Americans than the rest of Europe. Go there there are many eastern Europeans in the UK but more should go to the US. The weather is better, the people are much much more friendlier and it is cheaper too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or