U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2019, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,826 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Reputation: 63489

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Which ethnic group do you not care for?
Oh, let's talk about that! What ethnic group do you not care for?

Actually in my case, it's more CULTURES that I don't much care for, and I did make that distinction in my post. For instance, cultures that embrace shariah law, slavery, unfair class distinctions (such as exist in many Third World countries), abuse of women and children (genital mutilation, that sort of thing). I don't much care for those types of cultures. Do you?

Here's what I said, just as a reminder:

Quote:
I bet most if not all of us could name an ethnic group or culture that we don't care for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Reputation: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, let's talk about that! What ethnic group do you not care for?

Actually in my case, it's more CULTURES that I don't much care for, and I did make that distinction in my post. For instance, cultures that embrace shariah law, slavery, unfair class distinctions (such as exist in many Third World countries), abuse of women and children (genital mutilation, that sort of thing). I don't much care for those types of cultures. Do you?

Here's what I said, just as a reminder:
What do you mean by unfair class distinctions?

Now, back to which ethnic groups do you not care for, in northeast Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,826 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Reputation: 63489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
What do you mean by unfair class distinctions?

Now, back to which ethnic groups do you not care for, in northeast Texas.
I already clarified that it's some cultures that I dislike. To remind you for the third time, here is what I actually said, and what I've already expounded upon:
Quote:
I bet most if not all of us could name an ethnic group or culture that we don't care for
Unfair class distinctions - for instance, in many third world countries where my husband has worked and lived, people are either extremely wealthy or extremely poor. I don't much care for that sort of culture - you know, where you basically have two choices - live in a hut on a dirt street or live in a palace behind a wall.

What ethnic groups or cultures do you not care for? I've already shared my opinion - your turn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Reputation: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I already clarified that it's some cultures that I dislike.

Unfair class distinctions - for instance, in many third world countries where my husband has worked and lived, people are either extremely wealthy or extremely poor. I don't much care for that sort of culture - you know, where you basically have two choices - live in a hut on a dirt street or live in a palace behind a wall.

What ethnic groups or cultures do you not care for? I've already shared my opinion - your turn!
Ethnicity doesn't come across my radar. It's how they treat me and others that matters to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,826 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Reputation: 63489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Ethnicity doesn't come across my radar. It's how they treat me and others that matters to me.
What about cultures? Are there any cultures out there you don't care for? You do know that you're ignoring half of what I said as well as half my question, right?

Context - it's so important.

For the fourth time, this is what I said:
Quote:
I bet most if not all of us could name an ethnic group or culture that we don't care for
I've clarified repeatedly that in my case, there are some CULTURES that I don't much care for. I expounded on that.

I know you are trying to insinuate that I'm some sort of racist, which is pretty hilarious considering what my family photos and get togethers look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Reputation: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What about cultures? Are there any cultures out there you don't care for? You do know that you're ignoring half of what I said as well as half my question, right?

Context - it's so important.

For the fourth time, this is what I said:


I've clarified repeatedly that in my case, there are some CULTURES that I don't much care for. I expounded on that.

I know you are trying to insinuate that I'm some sort of racist, which is pretty hilarious considering what my family photos and get togethers look like.
Why did you even mention ethnic groups then? Freudian slip? Projecting? LMAO.

I wouldn't like oppressive cultures. Does that answer your question? Otherwise, if children aren't being harmed and people aren't being hurt, I live and let live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,826 posts, read 36,186,607 times
Reputation: 63489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Why did you even mention ethnic groups then? Freudian slip? Projecting? LMAO.

I wouldn't like oppressive cultures. Does that answer your question? Otherwise, if children aren't being harmed and people aren't being hurt, I live and let live.
Thanks for finally answering my question - seems we are in agreement regarding cultures for the most part, at least.

I mentioned ethnic groups because I realize that there ARE people who do not like particular ethnicities. So no, no Freudian slip or projecting on my part - just a big dose of realistic thinking. I know that prejudice does exist - across the globe and across the USA - even though I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,099 posts, read 4,737,517 times
Reputation: 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Which ethnic group do you not care for?
In my case? All of 'em. Tired of humanity as a whole. Black people annoy me, White people annoy me, Asiatic people annoy me, men and women, adults and children, so on. %90 of our species drive me to embrace the sweet, sweet cold grip of death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,857 posts, read 2,986,679 times
Reputation: 3399
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
In my case? All of 'em. Tired of humanity as a whole. Black people annoy me, White people annoy me, Asiatic people annoy me, men and women, adults and children, so on. %90 of our species drive me to embrace the sweet, sweet cold grip of death.
What do you like about the Hispanic culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,099 posts, read 4,737,517 times
Reputation: 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
What do you like about the Hispanic culture?
Those people are white and they just don't want to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top