Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 11:00 PM

26 posts, read 19,952 times

Advertisements

I'm a girl in her mid twenties who is looking to relocate. I grew up in several small towns in Maine and have lived in Maine for all but 5 years of my life. For the five years that I lived outside of Maine, I lived in Norfolk, Virginia. I'm looking to go somewhere that's is different from where I currently am.

What I'm looking for in a new city:

I'm a single girl so I would like some where with a decent nightlife and younger people scene that I can make some new friends.

Also being a single girl who would be living by herself I would like the city to be relatively safe for me to get around with out me having to be super nervous that something was going to happen to me all the time.

I would also somewhere that as a great public transportation system.

Weather wise I would like a city that as decent weather. I don't mind a little bit of snow but if I could find a new place that doesn't wind up with 12 plus inches of snow all the time in the winter I would be very happy.

Size wise I wouldn't mind a mid or big sized city.

Housing wise I hope to find a city that I can find decent and safe rentals that are not going to cost me $1900 or more a month to rent.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 11:14 PM

405 posts, read 475,744 times
You could find a decent rental for that price range somewhere in Queens (NYC) like Sunnyside, Woodside, or possibly Astoria. Winters are a cakewalk compared to Maine.

Possibly Chicago or NOVA (Arlington, Alexandria) too?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 AM

201 posts, read 219,574 times
Raleigh, NC?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:27 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,649 times
Nashville, TN and Raleigh, NC come to my mind. Both have affordability while still having a lot to do, including nightlife. Both are safe as well.

I lived about 30 minutes south of Nashville and enjoyed it. The nightlife in Nashville is amazing. Tons of bars, restaurants, etc...and there’s always a ton going on.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:31 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal To The Core View Post
Raleigh, NC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Nashville, TN and Raleigh, NC come to my mind. Both have affordability while still having a lot to do, including nightlife. Both are safe as well.

I lived about 30 minutes south of Nashville and enjoyed it. The nightlife in Nashville is amazing. Tons of bars, restaurants, etc...and there’s always a ton going on.
Charlotte has an actual light rail system and is expanding further whereas neither Nashville or Raleigh has anything beyond buses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.