U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:16 AM

919 posts, read 555,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter40 View Post
How different are Atlanta/Houston from Dallas? The funny thing is that I actually like the south in terms of climate and the general easy-going lifestyles people have. I think at the very least having more diversity in the city centers in terms of Asians, etc. would be huge.

I know it's anecdotal, but I can tell you that I have better luck with online dating in the cities that I travel to, despite only being there for a little while, than in Dallas. I honestly think the reason for that is because most of the people that pop up on online dating sites in Dallas are Caucasian and Christian. It seems they don't particularly go for dudes like me, especially since they have so many options in Dallas that are similar to them in that regard. There's nothing wrong with that. Hell, I probably do the same to some extent subconsciously, but toward my own race. That said,it significantly reduces the dating pool for me, since most of the diversity is 20+ miles north of where I'm at.
You'll run into the same issues you listed in the first post in Houston. This is another spread out city where you have to travel to go to events and meetups.
Dating might be slightly better depending on what flavor of Asian you are. If you're moving just to try something different then you should go for a way more different city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 12:43 PM

4,892 posts, read 3,013,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
You'll run into the same issues you listed in the first post in Houston. This is another spread out city where you have to travel to go to events and meetups.
Dating might be slightly better depending on what flavor of Asian you are. If you're moving just to try something different then you should go for a way more different city.
Yep. Leave the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or