U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 12:39 PM

15 posts, read 8,813 times

Advertisements

Hi Motorman,

Thanks for the response! My gf actually owns property in Cincinnati and lived there for years. She thinks its ok (no offense). She actually has some good friends there but one might move soon so she is interested in exploring other metros too. So Cincinnati is def on the list if I didn't mention it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Maybe you guys should also consider Grand Rapids. I've never been but from what I understand, it has a good bit going for it these days.
I've been once and have some friends there. Michigan is great but Grand Rapids is a bit small and not "on the trail" to conveniently hit either of our home cities. We're considering D.C. and Chicago just b/c of what they offer but otherwise we'll probably try to stay closer to one of our home cities.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What about St. Paul MN? It fits the geographical criteria and it is known for being a refugee resettlement city.
It is a bit far. The stuff on the "geographic fringe" needs to have alot to outbalance being far from both of our connections. Friends and family would be likely to visit in Chicago or D.C., but less so to Minnesota I think haha.

Thanks for the info though!

Old 11-05-2017, 01:27 PM

3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times
Especially with family a big consideration, I would definitely say Cincinnati. It's a truly underrated metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or