U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:53 PM

216 posts, read 890,107 times

Advertisements

My city is used in commercials here!

Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 PM

251 posts, read 634,167 times
I like the F-150 commercials in Texas that show the trucks driving the highways in China. Real Texan...

Old 03-18-2008, 05:26 PM

11,172 posts, read 22,378,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerodam12 View Post
sorry to say but none of your cities are included in any commercials the only cities included in an any commercial is los angeles and at random times new york but mostly in every commercial is los angeles. if you study a picture of L.A. you will see that downtown L.A. is in every car commercial and normal commercail i you dont belive me google the matter. also new york commercials are only featured in some mtv commercials. so when ever you see another commercial try to remeber what L.A. looks like
LoL, umm.......you do realize that these days, large corporations will film and insert multiple city skylines depending on where the commercials are played.

McDonalds, banks, all the cellphone commercials, car commercials, etc. etc. - a large majority of them that actually show an outside shot show Chicago when I watch TV. I never see LA or anything else.

I think you're assuming since you see the car commercials and all other commercials, we all see them. I see Chicago, others probably see some default version, or the version of the closest city they based the commercial around.

Most commercials just show inside shots though, or very "basic" outside shots where it might be LA, but could honestly just pass for any suburban area in the country.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,951,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerodam12 View Post
sorry to say but none of your cities are included in any commercials the only cities included in an any commercial is los angeles and at random times new york but mostly in every commercial is los angeles. Don't tell me otherwise because I'm a goo goo gah gah and you'll have to change my diaper. I'm going to brag like I'm 8 yrs old on the playground. So hmph.
What about car commercials in small towns - or the Suzuki commercials I've seen in old saloons? Ford commercials cater to regions, as do other American Car Manufacturers. What about stores like Tractor Supply Co? See? There are other areas that have commercials filmed in their area too. It's okay, you just have to share the commericials little buddy.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM

102 posts, read 429,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's not necessarily so. I recognize a lot of Atlanta settings in commercials. Also, Vancouver and Toronto are very popular, due mainly to their lower-priced production houses.

Heck, I live in Birmingham, and I'm amazed at how many national spots get made here. In fact, I was once in Seattle on business, and was watching the local news before dinner, and saw three straight car dealership commercials that used Birmingham settings and Birmingham on-camera talent.
well i guess so its just i hardly seem them.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 PM

[quote=Chicago60614;3180994]LoL, umm.......you do realize that these days, large corporations will film and insert multiple city skylines depending on where the commercials are played.

McDonalds, banks, all the cellphone commercials, car commercials, etc. etc. - a large majority of them that actually show an outside shot show Chicago when I watch TV. I never see LA or anything else.

I think you're assuming since you see the car commercials and all other commercials, we all see them. I see Chicago, others probably see some default version, or the version of the closest city they based the commercial around.

Most commercials just show inside shots though, or very "basic" outside shots where it might be LA, but could honestly just pass for any suburban area in the country.[/quote

seriously you must be blind.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:28 PM

okay sorry people i guess commercials are filmed every were.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,331,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
LA is home to hollywood so anything television related will have its' roots in LA. i don't think any other city can compare with LA when it comes to commericials filmed there.
New York might have LA beat with television.

Anyways, I don't give a rat's behind where the f**k commercials are shot. I hate them, I hate watching them, most advertise products that I couldn't give two s**ts about and if they are ALL shot in LA as the OP claims, then in my opinion that is one more reason for that pile to fall into the ocean.

By the way, where I live a lot of commercials are in regards to local business. I seriously doubt that they hired out an LA studio to film a Prompto commercial

Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,340,412 times
I hate commercials anyway so I guess I'll never know what LA looks like...

Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,986,248 times
Do not watch them much anyway but from what I see Denver is only in some of the local commercials. Have not seen it in national onces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or