Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM

102 posts, read 472,480 times

Advertisements

sorry to say but none of your cities are included in any commercials the only cities included in an any commercial is los angeles and at random times new york but mostly in every commercial is los angeles. if you study a picture of L.A. you will see that downtown L.A. is in every car commercial and normal commercail i you dont belive me google the matter. also new york commercials are only featured in some mtv commercials. so when ever you see another commercial try to remeber what L.A. looks like

Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerodam12 View Post
sorry to say but none of your cities are included in any commercials the only cities included in an any commercial is los angeles and at random times new york but mostly in every commercial is los angeles. if you study a picture of L.A. you will see that downtown L.A. is in every car commercial and normal commercail i you dont belive me google the matter. also new york commercials are only featured in some mtv commercials. so when ever you see another commercial try to remeber what L.A. looks like
What in the flying Sam Heck?

Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Um. Ok.

I'll say that Chicago is actually a hotbed for commercial work. I have no fewer than a dozen friends who have been featured in local, regional, and national commercials filmed in Chicago.

I'm sure LA has more, but if you think LA is alone in commercials.... lay off the bottle.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
That's not necessarily so. I recognize a lot of Atlanta settings in commercials. Also, Vancouver and Toronto are very popular, due mainly to their lower-priced production houses.

Heck, I live in Birmingham, and I'm amazed at how many national spots get made here. In fact, I was once in Seattle on business, and was watching the local news before dinner, and saw three straight car dealership commercials that used Birmingham settings and Birmingham on-camera talent.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
LA is home to hollywood so anything television related will have its' roots in LA. i don't think any other city can compare with LA when it comes to commericials filmed there.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
LA is home to hollywood so anything television related will have its' roots in LA. i don't think any other city can compare with LA when it comes to commericials filmed there.
That's not what the OP said.

The OP said that no other city but LA (and NYC, but only on MTV) was included in commercials.

That's simply wrong.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
LA & NYC commercial meccas. No one else comes close.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Quote:
Well damn, pin a rose on your nose.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM

Well, then it's settled.

I'll let all of the working actors in Chicago who regularly film commercials in the city know that since MOST commercials are filmed in LA, the commercial industry doesn't exist elsewhere.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
LA & NYC commercial meccas. No one else comes close.
That's not the OP's point. He says that New York and LA are the ONLY place where commercials are shot, and that's really not the case.

I'm in the biz, and have had my ads featured in Millimeter about two dozen times. Sometimes I've shot in LA, once in Vancouver, twice in Toronto, a slew of times in Atlanta, twice in Miami, and a lot if Birmingham. I've never shot in Chicago, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.