U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 08:29 PM

377 posts, read 203,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Albuquerque works I think though, maybe.
Nah, it doesn't. Albuquerque still has bone-chilling winters (at night). Yes, her clear skies and lots of sun will mean snow doesn't stick around too long, still a lot of snow falls. According to Wikipedia, Albuquerque averages 10" of snowfall a year.

Any climate that we talk about as "warm" should at least not have measurable snow every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 06:59 AM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Why dont you educate yourself before succombing to sensationalistic right wing fearmongering?
Knowingly exposing others to HIV will no longer be a felony in California - LA Times

The CDCs take on the issue.
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimat...behaviors.html
Right wing fear mongering? I don't have to be a right winger (which I am not) to be cheesed off at that law change. Honestly, I am a gay man and no one should be more upset about that law more than gay men since we are the most vulnerable. Intentionally spreading HIV to someone is attempted murder and it's ridiculous for a state to treat it as anything less.

Also not sure what those links are trying to prove. I know what the law change is. And it's ridiculous. And the fact liberals in California are calling it "progress" is a tell-tale sign of how out of touch they are.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:09 AM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringSnow View Post
Nah, it doesn't. Albuquerque still has bone-chilling winters (at night). Yes, her clear skies and lots of sun will mean snow doesn't stick around too long, still a lot of snow falls. According to Wikipedia, Albuquerque averages 10" of snowfall a year.

Any climate that we talk about as "warm" should at least not have measurable snow every year.
Dallas, Atlanta and Charlotte have measurable snow every year with the exception of unusually warm winters, but I would not call them anything but warm cities. Albuquerque may be colder but I don't think we should rule out a city just cuz it snows one or twice a year either.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM

5,189 posts, read 3,729,105 times
Here's one not mentioned. Honolulu. HI - Aloha!

Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 AM

32,390 posts, read 55,223,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Right wing fear mongering? I don't have to be a right winger (which I am not) to be cheesed off at that law change. Honestly, I am a gay man and no one should be more upset about that law more than gay men since we are the most vulnerable. Intentionally spreading HIV to someone is attempted murder and it's ridiculous for a state to treat it as anything less.

Also not sure what those links are trying to prove. I know what the law change is. And it's ridiculous. And the fact liberals in California are calling it "progress" is a tell-tale sign of how out of touch they are.
No its a tell-tale sign of how slow the rest of you are.

But not to worry, we will continue to drag this country kicking and screaming into the future.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:38 AM

3,767 posts, read 2,581,489 times
Aside Silicon Valley/SF.....which cities in California are thought of as intellectual hotspots?

As of 2010...California claimed two spots in the top 10 metros (of the 100 largest MSAs) in the US for educational attainment (as SF and Silicon Valley are considered two separate metros)....and 5 of the BOTTOM 10 (Fresno, Stockton, Modesto, Riverside, Bakersfield).

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tro-areas.html

Last edited by TarHeelNick; 11-05-2017 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-05-2017, 08:54 AM

1,833 posts, read 1,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No its a tell-tale sign of how slow the rest of you are.

But not to worry, we will continue to drag this country kicking and screaming into the future.
California was the first state on the mainland to institute racism against Asian Americans. Then there is the fact that California just implemented a major increase on a regressive tax that will disproportionately hurt the poor.

Knowingly spreading a disease to other people should be a felony. It doesn’t currently stigmatize all people with HIV-it stigmatizes people with HIV who purposely gives HIV to others. And it should. Especially considering how difficult it is to be transmitted, based on your links.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:47 AM

2,024 posts, read 1,027,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post

I completely agree. The first time I read that, I did a double-take. Unbelievable.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:27 AM

7,826 posts, read 12,344,313 times
Austin, New Orleans, Houston (NASA is there plus a lot of engineering associated with the oil industry), Charlotte, CHapel Hill

Old 11-05-2017, 12:06 PM

3,650 posts, read 1,546,642 times
Raleigh/Durham, Charleston, Seattle, Minneapolis/St. Paul. Just be careful about being too enamoured about "intellectual" and "sophisticated". Many times, they can aren't assets (ie pretentiousness, snobbish, values "education" over wisdom, etc.). Not all places, just a few too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or