U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 09:50 PM

436 posts, read 195,333 times

Advertisements

Recently moved and see way too many Cops here.....still like it but it's a bit of a bummer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 11:05 PM

11,456 posts, read 6,575,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Nevada, hands down.

Liquor/alcohol: Louisiana/Nevada tied for this
Cannabis: Handful of states but Nevada legalized this as well
Prostitution: NV is only state where it's legalized
Public land: among the greatest percentage in the country
Taxes: comparatively low

There is no other state that can compete on all these items. Nevada wins hands down.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
paid whoring and liquor availability has nothing to do with freedom but keeping society safe as a whole.
Just like the murder laws.

Freedom is what counts
What are you talking about? Any place that is truly free would have loose alcohol laws

Old 12-27-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Agreed.

What are you talking about? Any place that is truly free would have loose alcohol laws
That seems to be very important to you

Old 12-27-2017, 06:44 AM

4,375 posts, read 1,663,688 times
Quote:
paid whoring and liquor availability has nothing to do with freedom but keeping society safe as a whole.

Freedom is what counts
So executing prostitutes and murderers are equally weighted in keeping society safe? Is that what you're saying? And stores selling a six pack of Bud Lite before noon on Sunday?

Old 12-27-2017, 06:54 AM

10,511 posts, read 8,756,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_general View Post
live free or die
yes.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:26 AM

10,779 posts, read 9,415,565 times
Quote:

Freedom is what counts
Here in Texas I cannot buy alcohol before noon on Sunday. That is NOT freedom. The grocery stores aren't allowed to carry hard liquor, only beer and wine.

Back in Louisiana you can purchase liquor 24x7x365, there's no bar closing time (ever been to New Orleans?) and grocery stores have liquor.

Freedom to purchase alcohol is a very important factor for freedom...

Nevada wins overall.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:27 AM

10,779 posts, read 9,415,565 times
Quote:
That seems to be very important to you
yes it is

Old 12-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
yes it is
If you need to buy alcohol so bad before noon, why don't you just make your own?

Seems easier to me but I have no knowledge on the process so may be replying in ignorance

Old 12-30-2017, 04:34 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,139,636 times
Quote:
Here in Texas I cannot buy alcohol before noon on Sunday. That is NOT freedom. The grocery stores aren't allowed to carry hard liquor, only beer and wine.
That's better than Colorado, where you can *never* buy wine in grocery stores. You also can't buy decent beer in grocery stores, any day of the week. I'm talking about real beer; not Odouls, or pyss-water Bud and Miller Lite. Colorado is lame.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:56 PM

3,376 posts, read 4,821,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbidy View Post
Not true. When i moved to TX they made me remove my tint cause it was too dark when I got my state inspection. I was more free in New Mexico. Everything is more lax and people dont care about much. I could go into the country and shoot guns without no worries, the justice system is more lax, state regulations is more lax, pretty much everything.....but TX offers a better quality of life.
I'd second New Mexico as well. Apart from the economic side of things, this state is about as "leave me alone" as one could get when it comes to doing the particular things you mentioned. After having lived in SoCal for a good chunk of my life, the feeling was incomparable.
Now that I'm faced with possibly having to go to a state with more CA-like prices and regulations for better pay, I'm faced with an all-out fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.