U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 01:22 PM

276 posts, read 246,253 times

Advertisements

We'll, I'm in Tampa Bay area checking it out and I like it well enough.
I met a guy yesterday that recommend I check out Cape Coral.
This might be better in the Florida forum, but here we are anyway.
What are your thoughts on Cape Coral vs. Tampa Bay?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 12:44 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,533,669 times
I use to recommend Charleston, SC but their cost of living is getting higher and higher. Wilmington, NC is a good alternative. It's a small metro, but has a lot to do for their size. In Florida, areas in and around the Tampa/St. Petersburg area and Lake County area of Orlando would be good. For an area a little smaller, the Melbourne/Titusville area is nice.........In terms of crime, generally speaking no matter where you live, if you stay out of high crime areas, at night only frequent high populated areas, be aware of your surroundings, and use common sense, you should be fine. I'm 52 and have lived in several areas that are considered "high crime". But I've lived by those rules and have never been victimized to this point (knock on wood, lol). Good luck in your search!

Last edited by march2; 12-11-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or