U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-21-2017, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
4,839 posts, read 2,973,256 times
Reputation: 3384

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
This is a strange post. Since when does "germanic" mean good looks. Go to Germany and see if you still think germanic men are attractive.
Do gay men really look different from straight men?
Choose NYC if you want a huge variety of physical types. Into the mix of men, you will find many models and actors whose main job is looking good. LA might also be similar.
Gay men seem to take better care of themselves
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2017, 02:31 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 745,973 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Go to Germany and see if you still think germanic men are attractive.
That's brutal LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 04:21 PM
 
1,002 posts, read 1,437,915 times
Reputation: 868
I think most gay men take care of themselves as other's have mentioned, generally speaking.

I think places where you will find a high concentration of gay men, like NYC, DC, and SF as well as more "outdoor" oriented places like LA, SD, and Miami.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 04:23 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
1,157 posts, read 653,350 times
Reputation: 1704
New York, no question. The sheer amount of diversity, mixed in with a lot of young guys who make a living off looking good. Stroll through Hell's Kitchen on a Friday or Saturday night and your head will be turning every couple seconds to keep looking at all the gorgeous gay men walking on the street.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:24 AM
 
Location: NY, NY
1,208 posts, read 1,458,480 times
Reputation: 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
New York, no question. The sheer amount of diversity, mixed in with a lot of young guys who make a living off looking good. Stroll through Hell's Kitchen on a Friday or Saturday night and your head will be turning every couple seconds to keep looking at all the gorgeous gay men walking on the street.
I concur!


I also want to add LA to the conversation, I was amazed at all the hot gay guys all around LA.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 AM
 
Location: East Tennessee and Atlanta
3,667 posts, read 8,766,938 times
Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I concur!


I also want to add LA to the conversation, I was amazed at all the hot gay guys all around LA.
This is very accurate^^

LA has the most attractive--in general--of places I have visited in the US.

NYC has the most by sheer numbers, but there are so many who classify as "gay" there, that it tends to separate out the beautiful ones and many moreso "average folks" are in the mix. )
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:59 PM
 
4,431 posts, read 2,605,246 times
Reputation: 10289
This is like asking " which kittens are the cutest?"

There are attractive and unattractive gay men in any big city.

I have been around long enough to know that men...gay..and straight...are better looking in their 20s and take care of themselves better.

But life happens. Age take a over and men morph into their fathers, and become less attractidve as they age.
They may gain weight due to medical conditions or medications. Due to plain old overeating or eating too much of the wrong stuff, and/or being more sedate as they age.

30 seems to be the cut off for "attractiveness " according to get men I know. Under that they can be adonises, older and they aren't. I know many 28 and 29 yo gay men who wouldn't look at a 30 (+) year old. I once asked one what happens the next year when he turned 30, and was ALSO DISINCLUDED in the "attractive/desirable under 30 yo gay men category. He SAID, and i quote ( remember he's 29) "OH, that'll never happen"!!!!

Any city with a larger gay population is going to have a larger percent of " attractive gay men" than a small city with fewer gay men. As well as a larger percent of ordinary gay men, as well as older gay men.

If Liam thinks the hottest gay men are from the Midwest he should move there.

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,286 posts, read 3,501,481 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
This is like asking " which kittens are the cutest?"

There are attractive and unattractive gay men in any big city.

I have been around long enough to know that men...gay..and straight...are better looking in their 20s and take care of themselves better.

But life happens. Age take a over and men morph into their fathers, and become less attractidve as they age.
They may gain weight due to medical conditions or medications. Due to plain old overeating or eating too much of the wrong stuff, and/or being more sedate as they age.

30 seems to be the cut off for "attractiveness " according to get men I know. Under that they can be adonises, older and they aren't. I know many 28 and 29 yo gay men who wouldn't look at a 30 (+) year old. I once asked one what happens the next year when he turned 30, and was ALSO DISINCLUDED in the "attractive/desirable under 30 yo gay men category. He SAID, and i quote ( remember he's 29) "OH, that'll never happen"!!!!

Any city with a larger gay population is going to have a larger percent of " attractive gay men" than a small city with fewer gay men. As well as a larger percent of ordinary gay men, as well as older gay men.

If Liam thinks the hottest gay men are from the Midwest he should move there.

This.

/thread.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
This is a strange post. Since when does "germanic" mean good looks. Go to Germany and see if you still think germanic men are attractive.
Do gay men really look different from straight men?
Choose NYC if you want a huge variety of physical types. Into the mix of men, you will find many models and actors whose main job is looking good. LA might also be similar.
Ehh I don't think much of it. I mean I don't think any ethnicity is better looking than all the rest but everyone has their preferences. People often say "The women in Miami are hot. Lots of Latinas!" and no one says "Since when does Latina mean good looks?" This is why beauty is subjective.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Reputation: 7690
"Attractive" is based on personal opinion. A lotta people think Justin Bieber is a some stud, I think he looks like a gender-confused lesbian. I like the "boy next door look." A guy who is cute, confident but not arrogant or stuck up his own ass. Vanity is unattractive.

Also its true that most gays take care of themselves and middle aged (openly) gay men tend to look better than middle aged straight men, but also no matter how good a guy dresses, it won't change how he looks naked!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top