Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:28 PM

5,480 posts, read 3,923,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoFinatto View Post
Redmerica and Bluemerica

good stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,927,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok,as I said, I'm not getting into Kansas politics. I think that you and I are going to have different takes on the results there anyway.

I don't think there has ever been a 100 percent conservative government as I see it implemented in any country or state because liberals are involved in every government. Having a majority doesn't mean it is a dictatorship and Democrats are good at obstructing.

We've seen just this year an unelected Democrat judge in Hawaii overturn the travel ban. If an unelected Democrat judge in Hawaii has as much power as the president and Republican controlled Congress, that makes my point for me.

Of course you will not get into Kansas politics cause you realize how wrong you are. I have friends in Missouri and stated the exact same things strawflower has.

I know your brainwashed, but mark my words as I have seen this over and over, these tax cuts proposed yet again by the GOP will not lead to a boom. Surely we will have a recession sooner rather than later as we are due for one, as tax cuts would never prevent a recession anyway. Deficits will balloon, and the GOP will be destroyed in 2020 if not sooner. I can't wait.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:25 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Of course you will not get into Kansas politics cause you realize how wrong you are. I have friends in Missouri and stated the exact same things strawflower has.

I know your brainwashed, but mark my words as I have seen this over and over, these tax cuts proposed yet again by the GOP will not lead to a boom. Surely we will have a recession sooner rather than later as we are due for one, as tax cuts would never prevent a recession anyway. Deficits will balloon, and the GOP will be destroyed in 2020 if not sooner. I can't wait.
Not having your politics isn't evidence that I am brainwashed. I can just easily accuse you of being brainwashed, which indicates it is empty rhetoric.

and given the left controls much of the media, Hollywood, late night shows, and the liberal arts programs in colleges, it seems far less likely a conservative has been brainwashed. There are are less opportunities to be indoctrinated with conservative viewpoints. It is hard to even find any comedy on television that is neutral or non-liberal.

I saw a clip of SNL where they were singing a song to Obama about how they miss him. I can guarantee you that I will never sing a song to Trump when he leaves, even though I think he has been one of the best presidents in recent decades.

My fantasy conservative country would be for conservatives only. I'm not sure why you want to debate politics in our country because it isn't applicable to my fantasy country. There wouldn't be any left-right conflict in my country.. If conservative government is a disaster, it wouldn't affect you in my dream country. That would actually be to your advantage in BlueMerica.

You may have noticed all the economic growth in red states especially the south, and that is with a lot of Democrats and fake Republicans involved who are able to prevent full implementation of conservative policy. I contend the economic growth would be even higher in a pure conservative country.

For example, SC despite being a red state, has high income tax on rich people, which makes it less attractive to rich people. In my dream country, we would lower tax rates on the wealthy. It is difficult to lower rates on the rich in a country with Democrats because they paint it as heartless and anti-poor (which is weird if it is true poor voters prefer the GOP and rich prefer Democratic), and generally that makes it difficult to get elected.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-22-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 03:20 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Not having your politics isn't evidence that I am brainwashed. I can just easily accuse you of being brainwashed, which indicates it is empty rhetoric.

and given the left controls much of the media, Hollywood, late night shows, and the liberal arts programs in colleges, it seems far less likely a conservative has been brainwashed. There are are less opportunities to be indoctrinated with conservative viewpoints. It is hard to even find any comedy on television that is neutral or non-liberal.

I saw a clip of SNL where they were singing a song to Obama about how they miss him. I can guarantee you that I will never sing a song to Trump when he leaves, even though I think he has been one of the best presidents in recent decades.

My fantasy conservative country would be for conservatives only. I'm not sure why you want to debate politics in our country because it isn't applicable to my fantasy country. There wouldn't be any left-right conflict in my country.. If conservative government is a disaster, it wouldn't affect you in my dream country. That would actually be to your advantage in BlueMerica.

You may have noticed all the economic growth in red states especially the south, and that is with a lot of Democrats and fake Republicans involved who are able to prevent full implementation of conservative policy. I contend the economic growth would be even higher in a pure conservative country.

For example, SC despite being a red state, has high income tax on rich people, which makes it less attractive to rich people. In my dream country, we would lower tax rates on the wealthy. It is difficult to lower rates on the rich in a country with Democrats because they paint it as heartless and anti-poor (which is weird if it is true poor voters prefer the GOP and rich prefer Democratic), and generally that makes it difficult to get elected.
No for real y'all....this kid wants to live in Gilead.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:47 PM

Pardon my ignorance....I was not fortunate enough to attend a prestigious university like UNC.

What is, where is Gilead?

And why does it bother you if I want to live in a place like Gilead. You wouldn't have to live there. I would be happy for liberals if they could have a country totally aligned with their political philosophy. I know that in the Greenville forum, the people unhappy living in Greenville tend to be on the left.

My fantasy country could never exist because how could there be a place with all conservatives. You would have to do an ideological vetting of people coming in and even then some of them would not be honest about it.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:01 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,220,070 times

Old 11-22-2017, 04:02 PM

Do you do anything on here other than post gifs? What do you gain by trying to mock people.

That's at least the 3rd post that you've done like that on this thread. I got your message the first time.

I have a feeling your motivation for doing this is really about my stated preference last week for Charleston vs NYC on another topic.

Have you posted any of your thoughts on this topic.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Do you do anything on here other than post gifs? What do you gain by trying to mock people.

Have you posted any of your thoughts on this topic.

Do you ever have a single thread that doesn’t end up like this for you?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:07 PM

You can't demonstrate that I'm wrong or don't have a valid opinion. That's why you resort to posting silly gifs and mockery.

It is easy to mock people. For example, I could ask why do you have an exclamation mark after Brooklyn in your information box. It is that supposed to convey excitement like Jeb Bush tried to do with Jeb! on his campaign stuff. You called me a homer on that other topic but I don't have an exclamation mark after Greenville.

I think adults should be able to discuss politics and history in a civil way, especially on a Thanksgiving holiday.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling your motivation for doing this is really about my stated preference last week for Charleston vs NYC on another topic.
It seems you edited this in after I replied. I did not participate in that discussion at all. I’ve had an encounter with you in an older thread that went on a lot like this one.

I don’t care at all what cities you like over others. If you want a more serious reply: a lot of your posts come off as very troll-ish. I thought you were doing it intentionally at first, but maybe you’re not. If you want an example, instead of just saying “inner-Cities” or “urban areas”, you keep saying “the very poor high-crime inner cities” are where Democrats live. There’s no need for that and it seems you’re trying to egg people on with some of these comments. Maybe you’re not doing it intentionally, but don’t act surprised when people have a problem with some of these things that you keep saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.