Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 04:15 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times

Advertisements

I recognize your screenname from that thread. I remember the exclamation mark after Brooklyn. I don't think that I've seen you on here outside of that thread and this one

People have tried to associate Republican voters with drug addicts, lack of education, poverty on here, and I never saw you express any problem with that. I don't think there is any correlation between those things and voting GOP.

I pointed out facts, such as Democrats win big in the poor inner cities, and you assert that is trolling. I think that is rooted in your partisanship.

It is interesting that a person posting silly gifs, and engaged in mockery, and clearly seeking my attention is calling me a troll because that appears to be what you are doing.

If I get under your skin, and it is clear that I do, put me on your ignore list. Don't clutter threads with gifs and repetitive mocking comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 04:17 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,220,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
You called me a homer on that other topic but I don't have an exclamation mark after Greenville.
No, I never called you that and I was not in that discussion at all. I came in that thread at the very end to give my own opinion to OP while everyone else was arguing over dumb stuff.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:21 PM

I recall you trying to mock me for saying I prefer Charleston to NYC and that it is at least possible that a majority of young people would prefer to live in Charleston vs NYC, given they had no ties to either one. Regardless, you are trying to mock me on this thread.

If I say obviously dumb things, why are you so eager to get my attention. Other people will see I say dumb things on their own. I have received a few rep points for posts on this thread so I don't think speak for everybody.

Do you have a problem with people trying to associate drug addiction with GOP voters, despite no evidence of that? Or is there evidence?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,220,070 times
Quote:
I recall you trying to mock me for saying I prefer Charleston to NYC. Regardless, you are trying to mock me on this thread.
Nope. You’ve got the wrong guy. I have one total post in that whole thread. I only address OP
http://www.city-data.com/forum/50130809-post101.html

Honestly I thought you were intentionally trolling at first. Now I guess you are not. I don’t have a problem with you saying that Cities vote Democratic. But why do you always have to say “very poor high crime inner-Cities” instead of just saying “inner cities” or “urban areas”. That’s the equivalent of me saying “the very boring redneck rural areas” instead of just saying “rural areas”.

Not that I think all rural areas are full of rednecks or boring, but that’s just an example.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 PM

I wasn't talking about entire urban areas, only certain poor areas that voted nearly 100 percent Democrat.

It really doesn't make sense to infer that I was talking about entire urban areas, because obviously most people live in urban areas and there are more jobs there, thus it could not be 100 percent poor people. Did you really think that I think there are no middle class and rich people in urban areas.

I have never tried to associate poverty with Democrats in general. I was responding to people who try to associate poverty, drug addiction, lack of education with GOP. I pointed out facts such as majority of college educated white people voted for Trump. He also did very well with white blue collar workers. He was able to appeal to a wide variety of people, which is why he won the election and won 3 blue states and most of the swing states.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-22-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 05:25 PM

6,377 posts, read 5,492,276 times
Quote:
Pardon my ignorance....I was not fortunate enough to attend a prestigious university like UNC.
Believe me...that is very obvious.

Quote:
What is, where is Gilead?
Republic of Gilead | The Handmaid's Tale Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Quote:
And why does it bother you if I want to live in a place like Gilead. You wouldn't have to live there. I would be happy for liberals if they could have a country totally aligned with their political philosophy. I know that in the Greenville forum, the people unhappy living in Greenville tend to be on the left.

My fantasy country could never exist because how could there be a place with all conservatives. You would have to do an ideological vetting of people coming in and even then some of them would not be honest about it.
Exactly. And that's what's terrifying.

To be fair; one could argue that many Orwellian dystopias (most notably Oceania in "1984") derive from a government/society initially started as "liberals only".

Point is....any 100% homogeneous society is basically a theoretical "what-if" as such a thing couldn't really ever exist; which is very fortunate for humanity. The fact that anyone would actively suggest such a nation/society as their "fantasy" is very shortsighted and honestly...alarming.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:39 PM

A fantasy about a conservative country that conservatives voluntarily move to and will never never happen isn't alarming.

There have been and are now numerous one party leftwing countries.

I don't think there has ever been a conservative one party country.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times
I'd be put to death as a dirty purple.

I promise that some states would divide in this scenario. NY would break apart quickly; so would California. Chicago may leave Illinois. Louisiana might break into two as well.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
A fantasy about a conservative country that conservatives voluntarily move to and will never never happen isn't alarming.

There have been and are now numerous one party leftwing countries.

I don't think there has ever been a conservative one party country.
Sure there is, it's called the Islamic Republic of Iran

Old 11-22-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Sure there is, it's called the Islamic Republic of Iran
If that is the case, why did Obama and Democrats give Iran a pile of money, while conservative Republicans opposed it.

Conservatives big thing is freedom which isn't consistent with a theocracy. I have never heard of conservatives in this country pushing for laws to tell women what to wear, for example.

In my view, extremist version of conservatism would be similar to libertarianism (spell check), anarchy as somebody implied my fantasy country would be, even though it wouldn't be.

Moreover, simply being religious is not conservatism. THere are religious liberals and non-conservatives. Keep in mind the blue laws in the south were put into placed when it was owned by Democrat party but have been voted down in many districts now that they are majority Republican.

I went to the First Baptist Church in Greenville in 2000 and the preacher did his sermon on advocating that climate change is real. He sounded just like Al Gore. I know some Democrats who have a religious basis for their support of high taxes.

I was expecting somebody to suggest the Nazi Germany as an example of one party conservative country.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-22-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.