U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM

6,087 posts, read 3,404,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
No snow please (unless it's possible to live car-free)

Unfortunately, unless you live in Key West, FL, you're bound to get snow in your lifetime no matter where you live, even if it's like maybe once every decade or so.
Umm so what happened to LA, Miami, Phoenix, Orlando...???

What, cuz they got a once a century snowfall? I mean, at the rate our climate is going, Miami won't see ANY snow ever again. It won't see much as much sun, either, just whatever will penetrate under the sea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 03:08 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,288,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why did you even pick Miami? Its not even the hottest city in Florida (Orlando is worse) or the US.
Having grown up in metro NYC and having lived in Miami the humidity in the summer can be comparable.
Miami has never had a temperature over 99 degrees and in the winter the humidity and temps are quite pleasant.
The poster didn't say it was, though.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why did you even pick Miami? Its not even the hottest city in Florida (Orlando is worse) or the US.
Having grown up in metro NYC and having lived in Miami the humidity in the summer can be comparable.
Miami has never had a temperature over 99 degrees and in the winter the humidity and temps are quite pleasant.
Orlando is worse? Orlando has cooler falls, winters and springs and the summer temperature differences are negligible.

Miami's average high in summer is around 95 degrees, which is objectively hot. Add the sultry humidity and low latitude sun. Sea breeze? Lets be realistic, when people say Miami they don't just mean the coast. They refer to Kendall, Doral, West Miami, and all those suburbs which act more like neighbourhoods, and none of which have a sea breeze.

Hell I just checked, Orlando has cooler average highs in summer than Miami. Around 92. Not that there's a huge difference in 92 and 95 but what makes Miami less hot than Orlando? The summers are hotter and so are the other seasons.

Also summer is just one season. I honestly preferred summers in TX to FL's. Average summer highs are practically identical (90s, 100s are not the averages, more so the extremes) and summer lows are much cooler. Then there's an actual, even if mild, fall, winter and spring making it more comfortable throughout the year.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 PM

7,750 posts, read 6,164,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Orlando is worse? Orlando has cooler falls, winters and springs and the summer temperature differences are negligible.

Miami's average high in summer is around 95 degrees, which is objectively hot. Add the sultry humidity and low latitude sun. Sea breeze? Lets be realistic, when people say Miami they don't just mean the coast. They refer to Kendall, Doral, West Miami, and all those suburbs which act more like neighbourhoods, and none of which have a sea breeze.

Hell I just checked, Orlando has cooler average highs in summer than Miami. Around 92. Not that there's a huge difference in 92 and 95 but what makes Miami less hot than Orlando? The summers are hotter and so are the other seasons.

Also summer is just one season. I honestly preferred summers in TX to FL's. Average summer highs are practically identical (90s, 100s are not the averages, more so the extremes) and summer lows are much cooler. Then there's an actual, even if mild, fall, winter and spring making it more comfortable throughout the year.
Miami has cooler average highs than Orlando, but only by 1 degree. Also, Orlando, hell NYC, is more likely to see a 100 degree day than Miami.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:58 PM

4,283 posts, read 2,535,860 times
Four proper seasons. That means it has to be north of the 40th parallel.

I don't even want to visit Miami in February!

Old 12-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Miami has cooler average highs than Orlando, but only by 1 degree. Also, Orlando, hell NYC, is more likely to see a 100 degree day than Miami.
The difference between 95 and 100 are negligible. Both are hot. I'd rather have five 100 degree days with most summer days in the 80s as opposed to no 100 degrees but most summer days in the mid to upper 90s.

I am not a fan of hot weather but I actually do find it exciting to reach 100 every once in a while, as long as its not an everyday thing in the summer. Feel the same about below zero in winter, but I prefer the cold. Extremes are exciting but not for prolonged periods of time.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:53 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,539,619 times
Hate the heat! Give me the four seasons. Love Fall and Winter the most anyway.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:34 PM

Fall starts tomorrow and I am so glad. The best weather is coming up north. (40s, 50s and 60s) Meanwhile Miami will still be months from relief ^^

Old 08-31-2018, 12:57 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,156,722 times
A good job environment and reasonable COL is what matters to me. I've moved beyond worrying about weather and climate. None of that stuff pays the bills.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:36 PM

3,676 posts, read 1,553,795 times
I'm one of the rare people who really doesn't mind most any climate as long as I can dress appropriately. But I do prefer 4-season climates. I enjoy the variety and I like at least a little snow in the winter. So I'd go with Chicago over Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or