U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:21 AM

6,079 posts, read 3,404,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I'd second Chicago, there are lots of masculine gay men in the city, but they tend to be more in the bear category. Also, I remember Cincinnati having a lot of masculine gay men.

Forget NYC, the fashion, media, & theater industries tend to attract a lot of feminine gay men. I have a theory that feminine gay men are naturally more artistic than the general population, but just my theory.

Da Bears.

Bet there's lots of Cubs, too. Lots of pitchers and catchers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 08:25 AM

DFW area has plenty of guys like those. That's the kind of guy I'm attracted to. Not overly masculine, but has that "manly" side. Knows how to work on a car, can play sports, good with tools, has a slight country twang. Uff! I melt!

Old 11-23-2017, 09:06 AM

540 posts, read 262,226 times
hate to say this but "masculine" is an over used label. We are so binary.

almost all of us work 8-5 and are part of a team, we dont see more than 2 levels up or down at work. We come home and watch tv, go to the gym, maybe read whatever. When was the last time anyone re pour a garage floor, replaced an ECU in the car or went out Sunday early am to drift a little? Is anyone masculine?

pick and choose who you want to befriend, love but a lot can be learned from the most effeminate individuates.

Last edited by daprara; 11-23-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 11-23-2017, 05:57 PM

831 posts, read 935,637 times
Toronto in Canada for sure as opposed to Montreal were so many are fashion plates. In Vancouver there are so many Asians and the smooth skin and no beard of Asians definitely do not scream masculinity.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:27 PM

3,968 posts, read 3,503,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Places where the overall culture tends to be more conservative and therefore forces gay men to be more discreet. Oklahoma City is a perfect example. Get on Grindr and probably over half the guys don't have face pics.
Yes clearly gay men having masculine tendencies must be a bi-product of them overcompensating to hide their sexual orientation, since it's not possible for a homosexual male to naturally be that way.....Your perception of life doesn't equal everyone else's reality.

In reference to the OP I don't know that there's any one place that stands out. Every where i've gone it's been a fairly mixed crowd. It's dependent on the individual, not the geography.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM

5,314 posts, read 3,524,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Yes clearly gay men having masculine tendencies must be a bi-product of them overcompensating to hide their sexual orientation, since it's not possible for a homosexual male to naturally be that way.....Your perception of life doesn't equal everyone else's reality.

In reference to the OP I don't know that there's any one place that stands out. Every where i've gone it's been a fairly mixed crowd. It's dependent on the individual, not the geography.
Bingo!

Old 11-24-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:

I swear most of his posts are bashing Oklahoma City and conservatives.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:38 PM

6,016 posts, read 6,384,591 times
Los Angeles

No I’m just kidding.

Seattle and Denver attract an outdoorsy bunch including gay guys. When I lived in KC I could not find any other gay guys who were interested in things like backpacking, but they are a dime a dozen here. And they do tend to be a little more rugged, not afraid to break a nail or get a spider in their tent (or sleep in a tent).

I could see Chicago too, in a Midwestern sort of way.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:28 AM

21,220 posts, read 30,443,839 times
Quote:
Say what?? You actually have it backwards as the overcompensation comes typically from the feminine side, which in my opinion as an openly gay male the past 40 years creates more a bond with other gay men and helps to differentiate socially. Gay men don't bounce out of the womb with effeminate characteristics in most cases (perhaps the few are most visible) and don't gain those characteristics until socialization occurs with other gay men. Like most human traits it's societal influence and not biological.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:29 PM

746 posts, read 723,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I swear most of his posts are bashing Oklahoma City and conservatives.
Indeed. I'm a liberal, bisexual guy in OKC and his constant bashing is pretty sad and pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or