U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 10:16 PM

11,456 posts, read 6,581,240 times

Advertisements

Just hang out with he squares and don't worry about what other people are doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 08:46 AM

6,800 posts, read 11,770,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
46th out of 51,close enough

Old 11-29-2017, 01:19 PM

2,086 posts, read 1,103,635 times
Stay away from Massachusetts and Wisconsin, that's for sure.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:37 PM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
grew up in suburban Minneapolis myself, didn't see a lot of underage drinking or drug use but then again I went through those years in a Pabst induced stupor generally...and now, I'm an Air Traffic Controller with a short attention span. Be cool, stay in school kids.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:50 PM

2,006 posts, read 1,018,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
Stay away from Massachusetts and Wisconsin, that's for sure.
Wisconsin ranks 40th in drug use...maybe you didn't see the link. Alcohol...probably ranked in the top ten. Pick your poison.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,142,356 times
Are we suggesting that once persons are "of age", that drinking and drug use (and everything that goes with it) changes dramatically? How about crime?

In theory, you could have: State A with more underage drinking/drug use and less crime, and State B with less underage drinking / drug use and more crime. I'd still go with State A...

Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM

20,848 posts, read 35,948,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
Wisconsin ranks 40th in drug use...maybe you didn't see the link. Alcohol...probably ranked in the top ten. Pick your poison.
Wisconsin #1 ranked state for percentage of binge drinkers.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:23 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,420,410 times
I underage drank in CA (suburban and rural). I have used drugs in CA (rural).

I haven't even touched drugs in any other state, and haven't touched any drugs (including weed) since at least 2005.

Underage drinking is rampant in urban/suburban Southern CA among ratchet pre-teens and up. Same for rural CA.

Weed is fairly popular in urban/suburban Southern CA, including for teens, particularly middle-class and poor ones (to a lesser extent). Meth is popular among middle aged women.

In rural CA, it is everything under the sun. All the way down to markers, but not quite down to gas. And up to heroin and beyond.

In urban/suburban CO, EVERYBODY smokes weed (when I say EVERYBODY, I mean wayyyyy more than usual). Even well before legislation. The median urban CO resident is only slightly less than a fiend for weed. I'm not joking. And we have people shooting up heroin along our creeks in broad daylight. Yay.

I haven't seen much underage drinking here, kids usually go straight from cigarettes (or completely bypass them) and go straight to weed. I'd say up to 40% of HS kids smoke weed at least occasionally. Weed isn't looked at with any taboo here, because it is "legal", kids look at it as no more harmful than cigarettes/drinking (I'm not going to have that debate, because I don't really care), and give themselves license to use weed because of it. LSD is incredibly popular as well (among teens).

So if you're looking for a "wholesome family environment" for your children, I would stay away from urban/suburban Colorado.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,384,906 times
You're gonna find kids that drink underage and use drugs anywhere, in any state and city. I've never used drugs, never smoked a cigarette but I drank/got drunk for the first time at 17, though I don't drink that much. I do feel you about people who drink too much and do stupid crap. Oh, honey, do I feel you!

Just hang around friends that are similar to you and don't sweat it. No one's forcing you to drink and smoke and its good that you have the will power to say no.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:17 AM

25 posts, read 16,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
You're gonna find kids that drink underage and use drugs anywhere, in any state and city. I've never used drugs, never smoked a cigarette but I drank/got drunk for the first time at 17, though I don't drink that much. I do feel you about people who drink too much and do stupid crap. Oh, honey, do I feel you!

Just hang around friends that are similar to you and don't sweat it. No one's forcing you to drink and smoke and its good that you have the will power to say no.
I understand that. You will find it no matter where you go. But there has to be at least variations in prominence. The question was where would it be LEAST prevalent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or