U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 12:14 AM

373 posts, read 235,805 times

Advertisements

What are the dallas spring , fall and winters like compared to Albany ny?

How bad humidity wise is dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 05:52 AM

3,604 posts, read 1,535,953 times
Nearly as different as you can get. Dallas is a good bit warmer/hotter than Albany year round. More humid. Gets just a fraction of the snow albany gets. I could live in either climate.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:00 AM

6,061 posts, read 3,392,125 times
3Spring is warm in the day cool at night. Can get hot sometimes as it gets closer to summer. It starts to be rainier. Early spring can be quite cold and can even snow. Last frost is usually in late March. Mid-spring is stormy and has chance of hail and tornadoes forming. Things start greening up in March and late March til mid April is when the beautiful blue bonnets are in bloom. May is very pleasant and can be surprisingly cool for its latitude sometimes.

Fall starts off like summer "Indian summers" are to be expected. Rains a lot in the first half of the season. September and October are wishy washy. It can still be very hot but does start to cool down. First cool lows in the 50s normally come in September. November is more consistent. November is how October feels up north though more sunny. Nights in November get chilly usually 40s to 30s. Snow starts to become possible but uncommon. First frost is usually late November. Leaves start peaking between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Usually gone by the first week of December.

Winter is mild compared to up north but it can get cold snaps from the plains. Highs usually are between 40s, 50s and 60s. On really warm days it reaches 70s and even 80s sometimes. Lows usually are in 30s but when a freeze come it can drop to 20s even teens. Not much colder than that. Rainy days are fairly common as are foggy days. Mostly its sunny. The past few winters have been busts but normally there's a few days mostly in January and February where it snows a few inches and lasts a day or three. Freezing rain is also possible.

The humidity sucks but it's still not as bad as the Southeast of Houston. It starts to get drier in fall. Because Dallas is located far enough west/east it gets dryer air from the west and humid air from the east frequently. The summers are pretty harsh with both temps and humidity but unlike New Orleans or Miami, there's more a change of seasons so you will be grateful to get that relief of cooler mornings in fall.

Never been to Albany but I assume it's like Minneapolis with cooler summers, milder winters and more precipitation and less sunshine. In other words, very different from Dallas.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:55 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 22 days ago)

8,704 posts, read 10,850,989 times
Albany is nice in the summer. August is the most humid month, but once August is nearing the end, it's time to get ready for a light jacket for September.
The winters in Albany get some snow storms for sure. Depends on the winter. Not like Syracuse or Rochester winters w/ Lake Effect Snow.
The autumns are crisp and cool, nice change of color in the leaves.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:48 PM

1,275 posts, read 752,369 times
Anything south of like Virginia east-west is going to have less miserable winters than Albany.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:56 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,392,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
3Spring is warm in the day cool at night. Can get hot sometimes as it gets closer to summer. It starts to be rainier. Early spring can be quite cold and can even snow. Last frost is usually in late March. Mid-spring is stormy and has chance of hail and tornadoes forming. Things start greening up in March and late March til mid April is when the beautiful blue bonnets are in bloom. May is very pleasant and can be surprisingly cool for its latitude sometimes.

Fall starts off like summer "Indian summers" are to be expected. Rains a lot in the first half of the season. September and October are wishy washy. It can still be very hot but does start to cool down. First cool lows in the 50s normally come in September. November is more consistent. November is how October feels up north though more sunny. Nights in November get chilly usually 40s to 30s. Snow starts to become possible but uncommon. First frost is usually late November. Leaves start peaking between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Usually gone by the first week of December.

Winter is mild compared to up north but it can get cold snaps from the plains. Highs usually are between 40s, 50s and 60s. On really warm days it reaches 70s and even 80s sometimes. Lows usually are in 30s but when a freeze come it can drop to 20s even teens. Not much colder than that. Rainy days are fairly common as are foggy days. Mostly its sunny. The past few winters have been busts but normally there's a few days mostly in January and February where it snows a few inches and lasts a day or three. Freezing rain is also possible.

The humidity sucks but it's still not as bad as the Southeast of Houston. It starts to get drier in fall. Because Dallas is located far enough west/east it gets dryer air from the west and humid air from the east frequently. The summers are pretty harsh with both temps and humidity but unlike New Orleans or Miami, there's more a change of seasons so you will be grateful to get that relief of cooler mornings in fall.

Never been to Albany but I assume it's like Minneapolis with cooler summers, milder winters and more precipitation and less sunshine. In other words, very different from Dallas.
Edit: Damn I made many typos. I meant Southeast OR Houston.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:31 AM

Thank you for the replies . I live in Albany , born and raised 26 years now . Wanted to see what I am in for

Old 01-31-2018, 09:14 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,239,618 times
There's a lot more sun and less frequent rain in Dallas than Albany, regardless of season. Icy patches and a dusting of snow occurs on less than a handful of days in any given year. In general, this is how I would describe it:

*Aug - early Sep in Albany = October in Dallas
*Late Sep - mid Oct in Albany = November in Dallas
*Mid Oct - Early Nov in Albany = Dec, Jan, & Feb in Dallas (wild card season of 40, 65, 72, 34, 51 on any given week)
*May in Albany = March in Dallas
*June in Albany = April in Dallas
*July in Albany = May in Dallas

There is NO answer for Dallas's June, July, August, and September in Albany. Likewise, Dallas doesn't have an answer for mid-Nov - late Mar in Albany, with the exception of a handful of days.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:52 AM

I frequent dallas many times both for work and to catch a cowboys game and I've seen the up and down weather you all are talking about . I've gone in April for a week it was 60s and beautiful .
I've gone in may and it was 50 and rain and 80 the next .

My favorite was the playoff game a few years back against the lions it was I think 18 at kickoff . I felt right at home in my element

Old 01-31-2018, 09:56 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,239,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
I frequent dallas many times both for work and to catch a cowboys game and I've seen the up and down weather you all are talking about . I've gone in April for a week it was 60s and beautiful .
I've gone in may and it was 50 and rain and 80 the next .

My favorite was the playoff game a few years back against the lions it was I think 18 at kickoff . I felt right at home in my element
50 as a high in May is extremely rare. I've seen 68 once in August, but that's so unusual that most consider that a holiday like Christmas! I wouldn't count on either as normal between May - Sep. Between Halloween - St. Patrick's Day is our fluctuation season. Even 18 degrees is notable during winter. It's not Albany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or