U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 10:37 AM

2,868 posts, read 1,262,316 times

Advertisements

Lived there for over 5 years and Kentucky was pretty lax on traffic enforcement.

Tennessee was also fairly laid back except for a few areas in smaller towns.

It's not bad here in PA; I've found that there are a couple of speed traps but as long as you don't drive like an idiot you won't have an issue. PA however is a royal PITA with its stupid annual vehicle inspections. Plan on spending a couple of hundred each time.

Louisiana was pretty easy going.

Ohio--OH MAN--don't EVAH speed through here, lol. I've had 3 speeding tickets in my life and 2 of them were in Ohio. I've never LIVED in Ohio ::

Indiana is also bad in certain areas, like I-65 when you first cross over from KY. The traffic in KY will be ripping around going 70, 75 MPH and as soon as it hits IN, boom, it slows down to exactly 65 MPH. There's a reason for that

Michigan around the Detroit Metro area is generally okay.

NY state varies depending on where you are driving. Upstate is okay except for the Albany area and NYC area is a PITA.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 08:46 PM

1,991 posts, read 867,956 times
In New York City we are all aware that Virginia police are out to get us and agree to drive at the right speed immediatelty once we see “Welcome to Virginia” on the Interstate!

Old 02-28-2018, 08:47 PM

1,991 posts, read 867,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Wait until the entire Turnpike is six lanes. That'll be fun.

Anyway, this is my own, anecdotal experience, so take it for what it's worth:

High level of speed enforcement

Florida
Georgia
Maryland
Ohio
Virginia

Average level of speed enforcement

Alabama
Arizona
California
Illinois
Iowa
Louisiana
Missouri
Oklahoma
Tennessee
West Virginia

Low level of speed enforcement

Arkansas
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Nevada
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Texas
What part of Florida cause southern Florida is a joke!

Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 PM

13,222 posts, read 17,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
What part of Florida cause southern Florida is a joke!
I-10, I-75 and Florida's Turnpike have all been pretty heavily patrolled whenever I've been to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or