U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:40 PM

4,477 posts, read 2,659,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Least amount of wild parties, loud music, non stop barking dogs etc.
I know it's probably a fantasy, Ha ha!
(although I'm guessing some Morman heavy cities *might* qualify since they generally don't drink alcohol.)
Go for a highrise condo. We shut that stuff down! Concrete is also very quiet. Make sure there's no bar on your block. I recommend being above the alley, assuming the alley doesn't have dumpsters etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 11:11 AM

3,149 posts, read 3,083,948 times
Default Thanks for the replies!

Okay, some really good suggestions here... true, it would be more of a neighborhood thing rather than a city thing. Older people have *generally* put their party days behind, and older neighborhoods where most are empty nesters would make sense. We almost went into a complex that seemed quiet, but when we stopped by to check it out on a Friday night, it was Fiesta time and there were tons of kids running all over the place.
Another place was on a road leading to a biker bar. Ah the sound of loud flatulent Harley engines, ha ha!

The idea of a high rise if living in a city makes sense... yeah, concrete! I think construction has a lot to do with it. We live in an older cheaper apartment complex in an expensive Southern California suburb and it has it's charms, but the construction is the pits. Thin walls and sub woofers don't mix, single pane windows that are so thin, I've had to check to see if they were actually closed when I hear neighbors on their patio, I don't care if there's a little noise, I just don't want it competing with whatever we're doing in our own space when all our doors and windows are shut. And I don't think I'm a radical to say that the longer a party goes on where alcohol is served, the louder it gets, lol! Fortunately I do get along fine with my neighbors... I've only had to ask the neighbor with the sub woofer a few times to turn it down when it was after midnight because the low drone and rumble was making it hard to sleep.

My hubs has the option of going remote, and if we choose to do that, maybe we'll go more rural, get an acre or two, build a small house, spend more on it's construction, and get duel pane windows to keep out the barking from dogs that are bound to be there!

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-08-2018, 11:14 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,928,685 times
Nyc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or