Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:48 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times

Advertisements

No Krystal or White Castle anywhere in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 06:35 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
White Castle and Krystal are great. White Castle is available frozen in many grocery stores, but the taste is somewhat less than fresh. Also usually overpriced.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:38 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,358,250 times
Not your imagine. One thing to know about D/FW, its a center of restaurant management:
Brinkers is based in Dallas - Macaroni Grille, On the Border, Fuddruckers, Corner Bakery, and Maggianos
La Madeleine;
TGIFridays
Pizza Hut,
Pizza Inn
Chuck E Cheese;
Three Forks
Bobs Steak and Chop House
Mooyah Burgers

Also, the demographics attract a lot of new concepts to D/FW as their first Texas locale, for example, In-and-Out Burger came to D/FW as their first opening east of the Rockies.

Texas in general has a lot of restaurant chain headquarters that are now in multiple states - Whataburger out of Corpus Christi, Pappas Family out of Houston which owns Pappadeaux, Pappas Steakhouse, Pappasitos and Pappas BBQ, Austin with Chuys.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:41 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,358,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
I think Dallas might have the most? It has a ton of domestic migration.

In DFW you can get Shake Shack, Culvers,In-N-Out, and Whataburger which are all somewhat regional to the East Coast, Upper Midwest, and West Coast, and Texas respectively.

Plus you have all the national chains: Smash burger, 5 Guys plus Waffle House which is somewhat regional (didn't have em back home in Idaho)

DFW doesn't have ALL the chains: It's missing Tim Hortons and from the Mountain West it's missing Arctic Circle, but it has to be the only place or among a select few places the "Big 4 regional cult classics" (Shake Shack, Culvers, In-N-Out, Whataburger) are all available.
Tim Horton's isn't mountain west. Its Canadian Border centric as the chain is based in Canada. Who is "Artic Circle"?

Also, Dallas has had Freddy's Custard,Braum's and Steak & Shake that you really don't see south of Waco.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:12 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
But chains do well for one simple reason. You know what you are getting. Let's face it, consistency is important in the fast food industry. McDonalds may have critics, but their business model is rock solid, and it is based on a consistent product that consumers can depend on. They have upped their profits from Uber Eats, as well.

get that just prefer non chains though there are some decent ones, I particularly liked b good recently

And uber eats delivers non chains all the time (if fact I don't think I can even get McDs where I live via uber eats, though maybe I can) I know the Asian guy (he calls himself that Asian guy) that does his own impromptu delivery network locally on an electric powered bike will do it as he got my daughter fries there once when she was recovering from being ill and craving their salty fries

they are less common here and many more non chain options in the NE compared to just about any other area. I hate only having these choices which is to much of America is all

anywhere I find lots of taco bells makes me cringe in preparation for that evenings meal (and am not eating there in the first place)

Old 03-17-2018, 01:51 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,302,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Starfighter View Post
Is Texas the state that has the greatest variety of fast-food chains?

Who cares.
You do.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:43 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,000,641 times
C'mon, fast food? This is like asking if Bill's Records around the corner has the greatest variety of Nickelback CDs.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:17 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Only in Dallas can you get Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, In-N-out, and an 85 Degrees C (Taiwanese bakery) and 99 Ranch (Taiwanese supermarket), all within 30 minutes.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:33 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Tim Horton's isn't mountain west. Its Canadian Border centric as the chain is based in Canada. Who is "Artic Circle"?

Also, Dallas has had Freddy's Custard,Braum's and Steak & Shake that you really don't see south of Waco.
Yeah I was missing a coma; Timmys is Canadian.

Arctic Circle is a chain the the Mountain West. Utah, and Idaho mostly though they also have 1-2 locations in OR, WA, and WY respectively.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:04 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,219,548 times
No wonder so many people in Texas are so fat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.