Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:11 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times

Advertisements

I remember relocating from Memphis to Chicago and everyone and everything seemed so fast paced. The work ethic was crazy. I could see it in the malls and work place. The city just seemed very efficient especially when it came to business.

Driving fast isn't an indicator all the time. People drive fast in Memphis, Atlanta and Nashville. That seemed to be an indicator of driving conditions with longer blocks and other things more so then fast paced living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 06:22 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Well if that's the case DC would be the fastest paced city in the U.S. if crazy drivers are the requirement.

Not.
DC has awful traffic, as does Atlanta. But so does every major city and a smaller city like Austin's probably has worse traffic than larger cities, does not mean it's more fast paced or bustling.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:24 PM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times
I"d say:

Top 10 US metros:

Atlanta
Houston not far behind

Top 10-20 US metros:

Denver

Outside of Top 20 US metros:

Orlando
Memphis
Raleigh-Durham
Birmingham

Definitely southern and south central/west are less hustle and bustle overall, than the northeastern and midwestern cities.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:29 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Yep. Faster paced isn't necessarily better than slower paced. Sprawl isn't bad, lower COL isn't bad but I've noticed Atlantans and Texans get mad when you imply that.
Sprawl is bad for the environment and not something to be proud of.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
It never heard anyone say this my life until you just did now... Huh?
It appears that other posters understand what I was saying, and are agreeing.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
From a celebrity perspective I would agree Atl is probably much more lively but you're probably not as engulfed in the politisphere if you don't think DC has parties and events on any given night or day. Just this week two Embassies threw huge seperate Galas, just think about how many that is in a year The largest student walkout to protest guns just occurred here as well, I'm sure you saw all of the shoes laid out on the lawn somewhere in the news or social media. This week we also have the annual cherry blossom festival which is nationlly famous and the March For Our Lives protest on Saturday. There are major events that occur here all time, it's just not Hollywood related.
I don't doubt it. I would think that DC has that kind of atmosphere to some degree as well. Outside of the rallies, and festivals, it feels as thought you have to be "plugged-in" to have access to many events in DC.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:06 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I don't doubt it. I would think that DC has that kind of atmosphere to some degree as well. Outside of the rallies, and festivals, it feels as thought you have to be "plugged-in" to have access to many events in DC.
Don't you have to be plugged in or be in tuned with that lifesdtyle to go to those parties celebrities are throwing in Atlanta as well?

Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Don't you have to be plugged in or be in tuned with that lifesdtyle to go to those parties celebrities are throwing in Atlanta as well?
Not really. Celebrities/parties/events are far more accessible in Atlanta than Politicians/Events are in DC aside from protests and other demonstrations.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:14 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,203 times
Quote:
Not really. Celebrities/parties/events are far more accessible in Atlanta than Politicians/Events are in DC aside from protests and other demonstrations.
Hmmm... political events are pretty easy as well as long you know the right folks

Old 03-20-2018, 07:20 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,276,819 times
Quote:
Compound or Gold Room, you can RVSP on Eventbrite and get right on in free of charge lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.