U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 10:07 PM

1,504 posts, read 521,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
As far as I’m concerned, there are no neighborhoods in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming such as Balboa, Lido or Naples Islands. As someone who grew up on an island in Narragansett Bay (Rhode Island) and lived on a barrier island in South Florida for years, it is difficult to imagine living in a state that does not offer “island living,” even if those islands are man-made.

Again, California FTW.
Well, what I mean is that California offers everything the rest of The Contiguous Western US offers--the Pacific Northwest Redwoods, the Mountain West skiing, and the Desert Southwest deserts, AND California offers the Southern California beach vibe unparalleled on the Western US. California = Entire Western US + More!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 01:22 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,068,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Colorado outdoes California when it comes to fitness. Colorado is consistently the least obese state in the country.
My comment had nothing to do with comparing CA to CO. I was simply making fun of the CO obsession with climbing all peaks above 14,000'.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 PM

130 posts, read 93,827 times
California is overrated and most of the west actually dislikes it and Californians. High crime, high taxes, high cost of living - low quality of life. It's not a great place to live and other states are managed better

Old 01-14-2019, 05:53 AM

7,721 posts, read 9,018,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
???

Califórnia is possibly the most talked about state.
I agree, especially in other western states. In some of them you'll be lucky to hear local residents go three sentences without saying the name of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozener View Post
California is overrated and most of the west actually dislikes it and Californians. High crime, high taxes, high cost of living - low quality of life. It's not a great place to live and other states are managed better
I agree on your quality of life statement.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:00 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,981,627 times
I’d agree that the western part of the country (from Colorado west, maybe even also beginning at the western half of the Dakotas down through The SW corner of Texas) is more similar than the Eastern half of the country. But I wouldn’t go so far as to call it CA expanded as I find CA has more differences than most of the interior West/PNW.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:56 PM

929 posts, read 843,383 times
oregon is pretty much california except for west of the cascades. weed is legal and its always sunny.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:33 PM

6,550 posts, read 3,653,233 times
I can go days without thinking about California. That's not to be construed as negative or detrimental. California is a powerhouse. It's the 5th largest economy in the world. I don't get all the California bashing. Why do people let it occupy space in your brain or in your life if you only have negative thoughts about it? It's pretty sad that some people have made it almost a life mission to bad-mouth a state.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:19 PM

3,767 posts, read 2,553,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I can go days without thinking about California. That's not to be construed as negative or detrimental. California is a powerhouse. It's the 5th largest economy in the world. I don't get all the California bashing. Why do people let it occupy space in your brain or in your life if you only have negative thoughts about it? It's pretty sad that some people have made it almost a life mission to bad-mouth a state.
California is the LeBron James of states if there's one state to think about why not California. What bothers me is when people let their political views cloud how things actually are. Winch majority of the California bashing stems from political ideologies.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:43 AM

7,721 posts, read 9,018,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Is that what heppens in New Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or