Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,827,879 times

Advertisements

Sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

It might be hard to find a coastal city that you can live in on a teacher's salary, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Yea, and St Louis is definatly not near the ocean, nor mountains. If you can afford Cali, perhaps somewhere in OC, or maybe San Diego, though it is a bit more conservative there than other areas. If you can afford it, Seattle would fit you wonderfully. VERY gay friendly, Mt Rainier, the olympics and the cascades(can see all, easy access esp. to Rainier and Cascades), Puget sound(beautiful Ocean views, even some good beaches!! but nothing compared to cali lol). If you want a more affordable option, Portland seems like it would fit you nicely too. Very liberal, very scenic, etc etc.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 AM

835 posts, read 2,305,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Umm, Atlanta is not near the ocean. Probably at least 4 hours away. I have heard that Asheville is a very liberal gay-friendly area but you will be 6 hours from the coast.
I don't know if this person is just a regular liberal or a uber-liberal but I've heard Asheville is very hippie oriented. Oh well just a tidbit. It's far from the ocean anyhow.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
Knoxville has lakes & mountains but i'm wondering if it's liberal enough for you. The attitude towards gays seems to be tolerant, but more in a don't ask , don't tell sort of way.

You won't be able to afford a downtown condo on Gay street but otherwise housing is pretty affordable. Ice Bears is the hockey team.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 8,989 times
You guys/gals were great. Thanks for the help. I think you helped to solidify many of my original thoughts and ideas. The search is on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.