U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 09:19 AM

1,991 posts, read 863,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Atlanta. Even had a billboard on a freeway here about "blacks being pushed out of Atlanta".

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/285-b...mbMqq27OoJk0M/
Pushed out of neighborhoods in Atlanta or the city?

Blacks folks in Atlanta are still growing in percentages right?

Oh wait I just looked at the demographics on wiki and the black population percentage wise looks like it dropped between 1990 and 2014.

Gentrification or is it because of city growth with other groups of people like DC?

Or has the black population grown again from 2014 till now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 10:46 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,426,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post

Oh wait I just looked at the demographics on wiki and the black population percentage wise looks like it dropped between 1990 and 2014.

Gentrification or is it because of city growth with other groups of people like DC?

They are just getting pushed out to areas like Clayton County, and parts of DeKalb, etc..

Old 03-30-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
They are just getting pushed out to areas like Clayton County, and parts of DeKalb, etc..
Ok thanks!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:04 AM

29,874 posts, read 27,324,185 times
Quote:

I'll have to double check the numbers but I think in raw numbers, Atlanta's Black population is either holding steady or has experienced only a slight loss. Not sure if the official 2000 and 2010 numbers should be compared here or if yearly municipal population estimates include a breakdown by race, making a comparison between the most recent estimates and the official 2010 numbers possible.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:22 PM

5,122 posts, read 3,878,001 times
Atlanta is gentrifying, but I wouldn't call it "the fastest", which the thread is about. I feel like this thread has become a what city is gentrifying list, and the answer is all of them. But gentrification doesn't occur at a constant speed. Some cities are changing so fast it's making your head hurt. Nashville probably sticks out to me the most. Unlike cities like Charleston, Atlanta, Raleigh, yada yada that are seeing certain neighborhoods or core changes, Nashville seems to be changing fast in every single direction.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Atlanta is gentrifying, but I wouldn't call it "the fastest", which the thread is about. I feel like this thread has become a what city is gentrifying list, and the answer is all of them. But gentrification doesn't occur at a constant speed. Some cities are changing so fast it's making your head hurt. Nashville probably sticks out to me the most. Unlike cities like Charleston, Atlanta, Raleigh, yada yada that are seeing certain neighborhoods or core changes, Nashville seems to be changing fast in every single direction.

This is True and Agreed!!!

Old 04-02-2018, 07:16 AM

10,674 posts, read 8,179,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Miami is gentrifying fast

Old 04-02-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Very fast! Walked through Ovetown and it was alarming!

Old 04-02-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

This is true, don't think they can throw a High rise up fast enough in Miami!!! Miami will always be like an exotic Woman to me and one of the most Beautiful of the Cities out there...

Old 04-02-2018, 07:57 AM

493 posts, read 253,599 times
Quote:

The percentage of blacks in Atlanta is down a considerable amount. Many neighborhoods on the west side of Atlanta and the east side are gentrifying at a rapid clip. A new portion of the Atlanta Beltline just opened on the west side of the city along with the new Mercedes Benz Stadium, coupled with the new massive Westside park going in, and it is going to look like a completely different city in quite a few short years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or