U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2018, 11:50 AM
 
7 posts, read 4,253 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

List of companies in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
For a list of companies based within Dallas city limits, go to List of companies in Dallas

The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters, making the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex the largest corporate headquarters concentration in the United States. This also has resulted in the growth of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, home to American Airlines, the largest airline in the world, and the rapid population growth of the metropolitan area, the fourth largest in the United States.

The following companies are a selection of notable companies based in the metropolitan area.

Fortune 500 companies

Whitacre Tower - AT&T's corporate headquarters in Dallas

Headquarters of AMR Corporation, American Airlines, and American Eagle in Fort Worth

Southwest Airlines headquarters in Dallas

Comerica Bank Tower
The following are the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex:[1]

2 Exxon Mobil (Irving)
9 AT&T (Dallas)
64 Energy Transfer Equity (Dallas)
71 American Airlines Group (Fort Worth)
142 Southwest Airlines (Dallas)
147 Tenet Healthcare (Dallas)
153 Fluor Corporation (Irving)
163 Kimberly-Clark (Irving)
192 Texas Instruments (Dallas)
206 HollyFrontier (Dallas)
211 D. R. Horton (Fort Worth)
235 J.C. Penney (Plano)
297 Jacobs Engineering (Dallas)
322 GameStop (Grapevine)
362 Dean Foods (Dallas)
365 Alliance Data (Plano)
397 Yum China Holdings (Plano)
400 Builders Firstsource (Dallas)
418 Dr Pepper Snapple Group (Plano)
455 Celanese (Irving)
499 Vistra Energy (Irving)
Other notable companies based in the Dallas–Fort Worth area
7-Eleven (Irving)
Alon USA (Dallas)
At Home (Plano)
The Beck Group (Dallas)
Black-eyed Pea (Arlington)
BNSF Railway (Fort Worth)
Borden Milk Products (Dallas)
Boston Pizza Restaurants, LP (Dallas)
Briggs Equipment (Dallas)
Brinker International (Dallas)
Caliber Home Loans (Coppell)
Cash America International (Fort Worth)
Chief Oil and Gas (Dallas)
Chili's (Dallas)
CHRISTUS Health (Irving)
Cicis (Irving)
Cinemark (Plano)
Comerica (Dallas)
Concur Technologies, Inc. (Coppell)
Continental Electronics (Dallas)
Corner Bakery Cafe (Dallas)
Chuck E. Cheese (Irving)
Crossmark (Plano)
Dave & Buster's (Dallas)
DNA Productions (Irving)
DXC Technology (Plano)
Ensco plc (Dallas)
Ericsson (Plano)
Essilor of America (Dallas)
Fairmount Food Group (Dallas)
FedEx Office (Plano)
FFE Transportation (Dallas)
Flowserve (Irving)
Fossil, Inc. (Richardson)
Frito-Lay (Plano)
Funimation (Flower Mound)
Galderma (Fort Worth)
GAINSCO (Dallas)
Gap Broadcasting Group (Dallas)
GE Capital (Dallas)
Greyhound Bus Lines (Dallas)
GM Financial (Fort Worth)
Gutterth (Denton)
Haggar Clothing (Dallas)
Half Price Books (Dallas)
Hall of Fame Racing (Dallas)
Harwood International (Dallas)
HBK Investments (Dallas)
Hoak Media Corporation (Dallas)
Huawei (USA headquarters) (Plano)
id Software (Dallas)
InfoCom Corporation (Dallas)
Interstate Batteries (Dallas)
Intuit (Plano)
Kidzania (USA headquarters) (Frisco)
Knockouts (Irving)
Jamba Juice (Frisco)
La Madeleine (Dallas)
Lennox International (Richardson)
Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth)
Mary Kay (Addison)
Match.com (Dallas)
Matrix Business Technologies (Dallas)
MetroPCS (Richardson)
MoneyGram (Dallas)
Monitronics (Farmers Branch)
MumboJumbo (Dallas)
NCH Corporation (Irving)
Neiman Marcus (Dallas)
Niagara Conservation Corporation (Fort Worth)
NOKIA (Irving)
The Odee Company (Dallas)
Pier 1 Imports (Fort Worth)
PlainsCapital Corporation (Dallas)
Pizza Hut (Plano)
Red Mango (Dallas)
Reddy Ice (Dallas)
Rent-A-Center (Plano)
Rolex (Dallas)
Sabre Corporation (Southlake)
ScrewAttack (Flower Mound)
Six Flags (Grand Prairie)
Skagen Denmark (Richardson)
Think Finance (Dallas)
Titanium Metals (Dallas)
Toyota Motor North America (Headquarters) (Plano)
Trinity Industries (Dallas)
Tuesday Morning (Dallas)
United Surgical Partners International (Dallas)
XTO Energy (Fort Worth)
ZTE (USA headquarters) (Richardson)
References
"Fortune 500". Fortune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM
 
1,702 posts, read 1,362,594 times
Reputation: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaldesk1 View Post
List of companies in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
For a list of companies based within Dallas city limits, go to List of companies in Dallas

The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters, making the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex the largest corporate headquarters concentration in the United States. This also has resulted in the growth of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, home to American Airlines, the largest airline in the world, and the rapid population growth of the metropolitan area, the fourth largest in the United States.

The following companies are a selection of notable companies based in the metropolitan area.

Fortune 500 companies

Whitacre Tower - AT&T's corporate headquarters in Dallas

Headquarters of AMR Corporation, American Airlines, and American Eagle in Fort Worth

Southwest Airlines headquarters in Dallas

Comerica Bank Tower
The following are the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex:[1]

2 Exxon Mobil (Irving)
9 AT&T (Dallas)
64 Energy Transfer Equity (Dallas)
71 American Airlines Group (Fort Worth)
142 Southwest Airlines (Dallas)
147 Tenet Healthcare (Dallas)
153 Fluor Corporation (Irving)
163 Kimberly-Clark (Irving)
192 Texas Instruments (Dallas)
206 HollyFrontier (Dallas)
211 D. R. Horton (Fort Worth)
235 J.C. Penney (Plano)
297 Jacobs Engineering (Dallas)
322 GameStop (Grapevine)
362 Dean Foods (Dallas)
365 Alliance Data (Plano)
397 Yum China Holdings (Plano)
400 Builders Firstsource (Dallas)
418 Dr Pepper Snapple Group (Plano)
455 Celanese (Irving)
499 Vistra Energy (Irving)
Other notable companies based in the Dallas–Fort Worth area
7-Eleven (Irving)
Alon USA (Dallas)
At Home (Plano)
The Beck Group (Dallas)
Black-eyed Pea (Arlington)
BNSF Railway (Fort Worth)
Borden Milk Products (Dallas)
Boston Pizza Restaurants, LP (Dallas)
Briggs Equipment (Dallas)
Brinker International (Dallas)
Caliber Home Loans (Coppell)
Cash America International (Fort Worth)
Chief Oil and Gas (Dallas)
Chili's (Dallas)
CHRISTUS Health (Irving)
Cicis (Irving)
Cinemark (Plano)
Comerica (Dallas)
Concur Technologies, Inc. (Coppell)
Continental Electronics (Dallas)
Corner Bakery Cafe (Dallas)
Chuck E. Cheese (Irving)
Crossmark (Plano)
Dave & Buster's (Dallas)
DNA Productions (Irving)
DXC Technology (Plano)
Ensco plc (Dallas)
Ericsson (Plano)
Essilor of America (Dallas)
Fairmount Food Group (Dallas)
FedEx Office (Plano)
FFE Transportation (Dallas)
Flowserve (Irving)
Fossil, Inc. (Richardson)
Frito-Lay (Plano)
Funimation (Flower Mound)
Galderma (Fort Worth)
GAINSCO (Dallas)
Gap Broadcasting Group (Dallas)
GE Capital (Dallas)
Greyhound Bus Lines (Dallas)
GM Financial (Fort Worth)
Gutterth (Denton)
Haggar Clothing (Dallas)
Half Price Books (Dallas)
Hall of Fame Racing (Dallas)
Harwood International (Dallas)
HBK Investments (Dallas)
Hoak Media Corporation (Dallas)
Huawei (USA headquarters) (Plano)
id Software (Dallas)
InfoCom Corporation (Dallas)
Interstate Batteries (Dallas)
Intuit (Plano)
Kidzania (USA headquarters) (Frisco)
Knockouts (Irving)
Jamba Juice (Frisco)
La Madeleine (Dallas)
Lennox International (Richardson)
Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth)
Mary Kay (Addison)
Match.com (Dallas)
Matrix Business Technologies (Dallas)
MetroPCS (Richardson)
MoneyGram (Dallas)
Monitronics (Farmers Branch)
MumboJumbo (Dallas)
NCH Corporation (Irving)
Neiman Marcus (Dallas)
Niagara Conservation Corporation (Fort Worth)
NOKIA (Irving)
The Odee Company (Dallas)
Pier 1 Imports (Fort Worth)
PlainsCapital Corporation (Dallas)
Pizza Hut (Plano)
Red Mango (Dallas)
Reddy Ice (Dallas)
Rent-A-Center (Plano)
Rolex (Dallas)
Sabre Corporation (Southlake)
ScrewAttack (Flower Mound)
Six Flags (Grand Prairie)
Skagen Denmark (Richardson)
Think Finance (Dallas)
Titanium Metals (Dallas)
Toyota Motor North America (Headquarters) (Plano)
Trinity Industries (Dallas)
Tuesday Morning (Dallas)
United Surgical Partners International (Dallas)
XTO Energy (Fort Worth)
ZTE (USA headquarters) (Richardson)
References
"Fortune 500". Fortune.
Ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 12:34 PM
 
11,171 posts, read 22,361,018 times
Reputation: 10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Ok.
Yeah, it's some un-referenced statement someone put in Wiki. I could actually go in there right now and change it to 100,000 if I wanted. Dallas has a strong white collar and headquarter structure, but I highly doubt it would be tops in the country. The top tier for that kind of thing is already fairly well known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM
 
1,593 posts, read 831,191 times
Reputation: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaldesk1 View Post
List of companies in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
For a list of companies based within Dallas city limits, go to List of companies in Dallas

The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters, making the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex the largest corporate headquarters concentration in the United States. This also has resulted in the growth of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, home to American Airlines, the largest airline in the world, and the rapid population growth of the metropolitan area, the fourth largest in the United States.

The following companies are a selection of notable companies based in the metropolitan area.

Fortune 500 companies

Whitacre Tower - AT&T's corporate headquarters in Dallas

Headquarters of AMR Corporation, American Airlines, and American Eagle in Fort Worth

Southwest Airlines headquarters in Dallas

Comerica Bank Tower
The following are the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex:[1]

2 Exxon Mobil (Irving)
9 AT&T (Dallas)
64 Energy Transfer Equity (Dallas)
71 American Airlines Group (Fort Worth)
142 Southwest Airlines (Dallas)
147 Tenet Healthcare (Dallas)
153 Fluor Corporation (Irving)
163 Kimberly-Clark (Irving)
192 Texas Instruments (Dallas)
206 HollyFrontier (Dallas)
211 D. R. Horton (Fort Worth)
235 J.C. Penney (Plano)
297 Jacobs Engineering (Dallas)
322 GameStop (Grapevine)
362 Dean Foods (Dallas)
365 Alliance Data (Plano)
397 Yum China Holdings (Plano)
400 Builders Firstsource (Dallas)
418 Dr Pepper Snapple Group (Plano)
455 Celanese (Irving)
499 Vistra Energy (Irving)
Other notable companies based in the Dallas–Fort Worth area
7-Eleven (Irving)
Alon USA (Dallas)
At Home (Plano)
The Beck Group (Dallas)
Black-eyed Pea (Arlington)
BNSF Railway (Fort Worth)
Borden Milk Products (Dallas)
Boston Pizza Restaurants, LP (Dallas)
Briggs Equipment (Dallas)
Brinker International (Dallas)
Caliber Home Loans (Coppell)
Cash America International (Fort Worth)
Chief Oil and Gas (Dallas)
Chili's (Dallas)
CHRISTUS Health (Irving)
Cicis (Irving)
Cinemark (Plano)
Comerica (Dallas)
Concur Technologies, Inc. (Coppell)
Continental Electronics (Dallas)
Corner Bakery Cafe (Dallas)
Chuck E. Cheese (Irving)
Crossmark (Plano)
Dave & Buster's (Dallas)
DNA Productions (Irving)
DXC Technology (Plano)
Ensco plc (Dallas)
Ericsson (Plano)
Essilor of America (Dallas)
Fairmount Food Group (Dallas)
FedEx Office (Plano)
FFE Transportation (Dallas)
Flowserve (Irving)
Fossil, Inc. (Richardson)
Frito-Lay (Plano)
Funimation (Flower Mound)
Galderma (Fort Worth)
GAINSCO (Dallas)
Gap Broadcasting Group (Dallas)
GE Capital (Dallas)
Greyhound Bus Lines (Dallas)
GM Financial (Fort Worth)
Gutterth (Denton)
Haggar Clothing (Dallas)
Half Price Books (Dallas)
Hall of Fame Racing (Dallas)
Harwood International (Dallas)
HBK Investments (Dallas)
Hoak Media Corporation (Dallas)
Huawei (USA headquarters) (Plano)
id Software (Dallas)
InfoCom Corporation (Dallas)
Interstate Batteries (Dallas)
Intuit (Plano)
Kidzania (USA headquarters) (Frisco)
Knockouts (Irving)
Jamba Juice (Frisco)
La Madeleine (Dallas)
Lennox International (Richardson)
Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth)
Mary Kay (Addison)
Match.com (Dallas)
Matrix Business Technologies (Dallas)
MetroPCS (Richardson)
MoneyGram (Dallas)
Monitronics (Farmers Branch)
MumboJumbo (Dallas)
NCH Corporation (Irving)
Neiman Marcus (Dallas)
Niagara Conservation Corporation (Fort Worth)
NOKIA (Irving)
The Odee Company (Dallas)
Pier 1 Imports (Fort Worth)
PlainsCapital Corporation (Dallas)
Pizza Hut (Plano)
Red Mango (Dallas)
Reddy Ice (Dallas)
Rent-A-Center (Plano)
Rolex (Dallas)
Sabre Corporation (Southlake)
ScrewAttack (Flower Mound)
Six Flags (Grand Prairie)
Skagen Denmark (Richardson)
Think Finance (Dallas)
Titanium Metals (Dallas)
Toyota Motor North America (Headquarters) (Plano)
Trinity Industries (Dallas)
Tuesday Morning (Dallas)
United Surgical Partners International (Dallas)
XTO Energy (Fort Worth)
ZTE (USA headquarters) (Richardson)
References
"Fortune 500". Fortune.

Isn't FexEx based in Memphis? GE Capital says it's based in Norwalk CT still
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 01:43 PM
 
7 posts, read 4,253 times
Reputation: 23
General Electric Capital Corporation is a privately held company in Irving, TX .

Categorized under Financing: Automobiles, Furniture, Etc., Not A Deposit Bank.

FedEx Office (Plano)
FedEx Office shows off its new world headquarters in Plano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 01:49 PM
 
1,593 posts, read 831,191 times
Reputation: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaldesk1 View Post
General Electric Capital Corporation is a privately held company in Irving, TX .

Categorized under Financing: Automobiles, Furniture, Etc., Not A Deposit Bank.

FedEx Office (Plano)
FedEx Office shows off its new world headquarters in Plano

FedEx I'm certain is based in Memphis as a college football fan. The FedEx president offered to redo the Liberty Bowl and upgrade Memphis U facilities for an invite to the Big 12 back when everybody thought the Big 12 was going to expand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2018, 01:56 PM
 
7 posts, read 4,253 times
Reputation: 23
FedEx Office is a separate company based in the Legacy West development in Plano TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2018, 12:10 AM
 
Location: In the heights
22,103 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Reputation: 11599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
A few of the largest stories in Chicago the past four weeks. The city is still on a good pace, the downtown area has added over 52,000 new jobs in three years. The number of jobs in the city itself is the largest since the 1980's when the manufacturing all left the south and west sides.

Good to see the number of jobs in the city hitting 40-year highs even as minimum wage in the city has been bumped up to $12 with $13 next year. The higher that is the most sustaining and higher quality lives it lets people live who work these jobs. Over 75,000 new jobs in the city since the city started bumping the minimum wage from the federal $7.25 rate a few years ago.

GE Heathcare is being spun off and will have its headquarters in Chicago, so another Fortune 500 added to the city.

McDonalds moved its headquarters downtown last month, bringing around 2,000 initial jobs to the central area of the city.

Walgreens is making a big move downtown to the renovated Old Post Office, bringing 1,300 jobs in the next year

Facebook is adding more than 200,000 square feet of downtown space with around 1,500 jobs this year

Google is bringing on another 100,000 square feet of space in the loop as well with around 750 jobs this year
Nice! I would love to see Chicago hit its 1980 population mark of 3 million people soon along with these developments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2018, 11:45 AM
 
59 posts, read 44,211 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Yeah, it's some un-referenced statement someone put in Wiki. I could actually go in there right now and change it to 100,000 if I wanted. Dallas has a strong white collar and headquarter structure, but I highly doubt it would be tops in the country. The top tier for that kind of thing is already fairly well known.
I'm sure Wikipedia would correct any misinformation. You should just edit with your opinions. That should be enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 AM
 
11,171 posts, read 22,361,018 times
Reputation: 10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugo1978 View Post
I'm sure Wikipedia would correct any misinformation. You should just edit with your opinions. That should be enough.
I went in once and added my dad to the list of notable people from my hometown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top