U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 02:44 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,989,000 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not, happens more in Denver than it did in DC. I'm shocked honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 02:51 PM

2,006 posts, read 1,021,499 times
Tailgating is H O R R I B L E in Wisconsin, and it ticks me off. The person who is doing the tailgating, either has a death wish, or is really stupid. There was a father and son killed on a major WI highway last year, due to the tailgater behind them. Back off, people!!

Last edited by Enean; 04-02-2018 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-02-2018, 07:06 PM

5,728 posts, read 9,092,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Seriously? If I were you I'd be in a permanent state of perpetual road rage
Yup. That many times. And yes, I am quite agitated by people that tail gate. Indy is awful for it and you can probably bet I have a scowl on my face a lot as a result. Thankfully it is not a major problem in other areas of the country where I travel and have lived.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
Thank you. Everyone I tail gate is going too slow. At stop signs / relights and drive thru windows morons leave massive spaces between their car and the one in front of them. It is so selfish... people are trying to get to the drive thru speaker.. if everyone leaves a massive space people will be backed up when they should be. Put that bumper close to the car in front of you. if you are doing 29 in a 35 mph zone.. and being tailgated... maybe you should speed it up.
If you hit the person in front of you, you ruin everyone's day. Yours, theirs, the drivers behind you. Relax and drive around them.

If you're trolling I apologize. If you're not, I recommend you switch to decaf.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:11 AM

1,256 posts, read 569,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
If you're trolling I apologize. If you're not, I recommend you switch to decaf.
Nope. The roads aren't made for a car length in front of you anymore. When the light turns green you need to get as many people through the light as possible and those slow pokes who act like they are the only ones on the road are completely immortal.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:56 AM

5,728 posts, read 9,092,123 times
Quote:
Nope. The roads aren't made for a car length in front of you anymore. When the light turns green you need to get as many people through the light as possible and those slow pokes who act like they are the only ones on the road are completely immortal.
Are you kidding? You can only go so fast before the space between you and the car in front of you is too limited for you to stop in time (suddenly) before hitting that car.

I don't like people that space out at lights or drive one mph when taking a turn at a light either. But I don't deliberately ride their ass either. You will be at fault if you rear end them, not the slowpoke.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:26 AM

21,328 posts, read 21,900,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Yup. That many times. And yes, I am quite agitated by people that tail gate. Indy is awful for it and you can probably bet I have a scowl on my face a lot as a result. Thankfully it is not a major problem in other areas of the country where I travel and have lived.
must be the brake checking

Old 04-03-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Ah, got the sarcasm. Thank God. Though I'm sure there are people that act like this in the real world. If you're in a hurry, leave early. For the record, I'm not a slow poke, probably gotten 15 tickets in my life. But, I do believe in being safe.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:09 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,367,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Believe it or not, happens more in Denver than it did in DC. I'm shocked honestly.
Iíve come to the conclusion that people in the DC area, speficially NoVa, genuinely do not know how to drive. The thing most frustrating is people either drive BELOW the speed limit or drive way over the limit doing 60 mph in a 45.

Itís a massive mess and you constantly find yourself driving aggressively because thereís no middle ground.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Iíve come to the conclusion that people in the DC area, speficially NoVa, genuinely do not know how to drive. The thing most frustrating is people either drive BELOW the speed limit or drive way over the limit doing 60 mph in a 45.

Itís a massive mess and you constantly find yourself driving aggressively because thereís no middle ground.
Sure. Denver's traffic isn't quite as bad, so when you are driving under control and some peeps drive like a jackass, it's more annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.