U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Friendly?
New York 6 5.71%
Los Angeles 7 6.67%
Chicago 27 25.71%
Dallas 12 11.43%
Houston 17 16.19%
Washington DC 2 1.90%
Miami 1 0.95%
Philadelphia 5 4.76%
Atlanta 26 24.76%
Boston 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:32 PM

7,608 posts, read 9,463,659 times

Advertisements

I'd say Chicago.

Boston and "friendly" are only occasionally in the same sentence..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 04:34 PM

358 posts, read 150,970 times
Chicago: #1 far and away of this list.
#2 is probably Houston, with Atlanta a close third.

Philadelphians can be friendly once they get to know you (I'm originally from there), but we can be rather standoffish at first.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:34 PM

1,218 posts, read 603,887 times
I would think Atlanta and people in LA were pretty nice to me the little time I was there.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 PM

358 posts, read 150,970 times
Full ordering would be something like this:

#1: Chicago
#2: Houston
#3: Atlanta
#4: Dallas
#5: Los Angeles
#6: New York
#7: Philly
#8: DC
#9: Boston
Miami in the rear.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:29 PM

5,306 posts, read 3,520,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
You know I have to be honest here!!! Yeah it's Atlanta, but in that Southern, Nosey, want to be in your business, Hating, cut throat kind of way... Sorry guys, had to be honest and go there. It's hard to tell who's your true friend and not so much your friend is in Atlanta until you get to know that person. From my personal experience the other Cities tend to mind their own business and you can pretty much tell who your friends are once you truly connect... Hmmm Atlanta, not so much. Come get that initial Southern Nosey Hospitality up front, find out who your friends are later... It could be shocking if your not used to the culture. I didn't vote here
Possibly the biggest load of pure crap ever posted here, in my opinion of course.

I think it was time for you to move away several years ago, you are obviously totally over the place. And sorry, but's not Atlanta that has the problem....

Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 AM

498 posts, read 256,013 times
Of the cities on this list that I have an experience with, I would say:

1.) Atlanta
2.) Chicago
3.) Houston
4.) Dallas

Old 04-10-2018, 01:44 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,436,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Possibly the biggest load of pure crap ever posted here, in my opinion of course.

I think it was time for you to move away several years ago, you are obviously totally over the place. And sorry, but's not Atlanta that has the problem....

Definitely your opinion because many others have agreed on here lol, you just don't know about it and in my every day life, surroundings many I know agree and then there are others, especially those from Georgia who love this place like no other big city ever existed..One thing that's not your opinion and is fact I can say I am over it but that's not what this is about, lets stay on subject. I did say it's the Friendliest City on here by the way, I just didn't vote!!!

Old 04-10-2018, 08:39 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,060,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If Pittsburgh is a big enough city, then Pittsburgh.

Mind, I have never driven in Pittsburgh.
I've found Pittsburgh drivers to be amazingly friendly and polite, despite their narrow, often congested streets. Many main streets in the city don't have left turn lanes so they even have a custom there called the Pittsburgh Left in which the first left-turning vehicle at a light is given precedence by vehicles in the opposite direction going straight through the intersection.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:43 PM

574 posts, read 392,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Chicago, Chicago, Chicago
No way in hell. Everyone, of course, has different experiences. I've visited Chicago about 15 times and I've encountered some of the rudest behavior on the planet while in Chicago.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:50 AM

5,306 posts, read 3,520,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Definitely your opinion because many others have agreed on here lol, you just don't know about it and in my every day life, surroundings many I know agree and then there are others, especially those from Georgia who love this place like no other big city ever existed..One thing that's not your opinion and is fact I can say I am over it but that's not what this is about, lets stay on subject. I did say it's the Friendliest City on here by the way, I just didn't vote!!!
You're the one that strayed totally off subject by injecting whiny, tired and hackneyed stereotypes like someone that clearly has an axe to grind as well as issues with Atlanta for whatever reason. This thread is about what cities people consider to be the friendliest, not a soapbox for disgruntled residents that obviously wish they lived elsewhere.

I'm not from Georgia, I happen to live here by choice. I also travel for a living, and have been to every city listed. Have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or