U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:20 PM

13,588 posts, read 22,040,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzero1 View Post
I know Atlanta is a City Data favorite in regards to cities and it definitely has a ton going for it, won't be shocked if Amazon lands there, but I always felt like something was off about the city for me when it came to social life.

I've enjoyed an active social life and a very fulfilling dating life in places like Nashville, Orlando, and Charleston but I always struggled in Atlanta.

For one, I was used to decent looking women in the three cities I named come up and talk to me or be social with me but in Atlanta, it was rarely the case. I found the women to put on quite a shield and be very standoffish compared to what I was used to.

The only women I would get along with and get any good reception from was black women while I've had the worst experience with white women in Atlanta, lots of stink eyes and angry looks. In the other cities I named, I get along with white women just fine and have had success dating them (Nashville in particular).

For reference, I am of Bosnian heritage but get confused for Middle Eastern and occasionally Latino a decent amount but this has actually helped me in Nashville, Orlando and Charleston where women ask where I am from and am shocked by my Texas accent (born and raised there).

The reason I post this thread is because I know I might have to end up in Atlanta again for the future, so much opportunity is just flooding into that city.
Decent looking women = white women?

What's wrong with dating Atlanta's plethora of hot black women?

Old 04-15-2018, 09:31 PM

5,297 posts, read 3,513,713 times
Troll Alert!!!

Old 04-15-2018, 09:39 PM

14 posts, read 7,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Decent looking women = white women?

What's wrong with dating Atlanta's plethora of hot black women?
I am not attracted to them and I am allowed my right to have a preference.

Now in b4 the comeback of "well if you aren't open minded then don't expect white women to be open minded towards you", except the ones outside of Atlanta were so that is big for me.

I want to be in a city where I can date and be with the kinds of women I like, we're allowed to have freedoms and preferences as men. Now go ahead and call me a racist bigot or whatever you want, isn't going to change my preference.

Pretty sad though, I think outside of the bad dating culture, Atlanta is a pretty cool city.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:49 PM

5,297 posts, read 3,513,713 times
Quote:

Now in b4 the comeback of "well if you aren't open minded then don't expect white women to be open minded towards you", except the ones outside of Atlanta were so that is big for me.

I want to be in a city where I can date and be with the kinds of women I like, we're allowed to have freedoms and preferences as men. Now go ahead and call me a racist bigot or whatever you want, isn't going to change my preference.

Pretty sad though, I think outside of the bad dating culture, Atlanta is a pretty cool city.
Anyone having these supposed 'issues' in a Metro of 6 million people need look no further than the mirror.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:35 PM

1,991 posts, read 867,289 times
JMATL to the rescue!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:21 AM

23,107 posts, read 35,052,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
JMATL to the rescue!
He's the man!

Old 04-18-2018, 12:41 AM

13,588 posts, read 22,040,652 times
Quote:

Hehe...racism is not a "preference."

You are called a racist bigot because that is what you are. Stop deflecting.

But you are more than welcome to be racist, though. Knock yourself out.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:31 PM

1,275 posts, read 751,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Are you black? Because black men who donít live in Atlanta can get woman easy since ATL woman are often titled as being miserable because of all the undercover men down there. Lots of trust issues with the local men so a lot of them are on their knees waiting for any man that comes out of the airport. Easy place to get women.
Nope white Hispanic.

I don't know how much of what you said is true, but it's got me thinking now lol.

I found the women in Atlanta to be a lot easier to start a conversation with, and a lot easier to approach. Many of them introduced themselves to me from the start and that's how it began.

I've had trouble with dating in Albany, NY (people in general there are just miserable and unwelcoming) and Sarasota, FL (not a whole lot of young people).

Old 04-18-2018, 08:04 PM

5,341 posts, read 2,000,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Hehe...racism is not a "preference."

You are called a racist bigot because that is what you are. Stop deflecting.

But you are more than welcome to be racist, though. Knock yourself out.
And preference is not racism.

That being said, I think the OP will continue to have trouble with his preference in Atlanta.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:40 PM

14 posts, read 7,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
And preference is not racism.

That being said, I think the OP will continue to have trouble with his preference in Atlanta.
Finally someone with maybe some sense.

Yup, I think it is tough to get white women in Atlanta compared to other cities, they seem a lot more defensive in Atlanta compared to white women elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or