U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,234,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Indeed...the fart west can be quite gusty!
Scent filled also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 03:14 PM

70 posts, read 65,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Not Colorado. We've got everything on your list, although our alligators and pythons aren't loose in the wild but we do have bears and mountain lions. We also have devastating hail and the second highest death by lightning statistics in the entire US.
Really? Yeah I think I need a bubble lol.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:30 PM

3,078 posts, read 2,111,256 times
Yup. We also have this thing called mine subsidence where shafts from mining activities 100+ years ago collapse. Sometimes they release toxins in the air, sometimes in the water. Sometimes, because of the growth since then that has expanded outward into areas previously uninhabited, these collapses swallow houses, not unlike sink holes in FL. We also have an underground coal seam fire that has been burning since 1859.

Oh, lets not forget our proximity to the Yellowstone Super Volcano, although when that one goes, no where in the US will be safe so I'd rather die in the first day from the super heated air and toxic gas.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:59 PM

6,550 posts, read 3,653,233 times
How long do you want to live?
Every place has some risk over the long term.
I chose New Mexico but it is very dry, we have rattlesnakes but I've never seen one, forest fires in the mountains most years, a few cases of bubonic plague, risk of sun stroke of skin cancer, rumors of crime but that's overblown, spiders, nasty centipedes, scorpions, and tumbleweed stampedes. Apart from that it is almost perfect. A Chinese space station could fall on you.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:43 PM

9,422 posts, read 18,316,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereafair View Post
Now...where else can I move in the USA that isn't going to kill me from either hurricanes, humidity, alligators and pythons on the loose, tornado zones, fires, earthquakes, radioactive water, radiation, etc...

Oh also I'd like it to be approximately 70 degrees year round

I'm mostly kidding but only kindof.

Help me decide where to move!

I am looking for something with milder seasons, a family town, decent Real Estate since that's my job, nice people, good schools, not massively densely populated (like 1500 per sq foot is cool with me),..

Whatcha got???
I'd hate to tell you , but when the sky falls, it falls everywhere. You're doomed.

Quote:
Really? Yeah I think I need a bubble lol.

Or a bunker, you can find those out on the Great Planes.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:53 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,123,930 times
How is humidity deadly?

Old 04-20-2018, 08:46 PM

6,554 posts, read 10,257,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
How is humidity deadly?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_stroke

The human body's cooling systems do not function well in high humidity.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:31 PM

1,400 posts, read 2,283,570 times
Quote:
Now...where else can I move in the USA that isn't going to kill me from either hurricanes, humidity, alligators and pythons on the loose, tornado zones, fires, earthquakes, radioactive water, radiation, etc...

Oh also I'd like it to be approximately 70 degrees year round

I'm mostly kidding but only kindof.

Help me decide where to move!

I am looking for something with milder seasons, a family town, decent Real Estate since that's my job, nice people, good schools, not massively densely populated (like 1500 per sq foot is cool with me),..

Whatcha got???
Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

Old 04-22-2018, 05:57 AM

321 posts, read 249,579 times
How about Hawaii? Buy a place high up in the hills to reduce tsunami risk. Hurricanes are rare. Your only major death threat might be Kim Jong Un!

Old 04-22-2018, 06:08 AM

21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
How is humidity deadly?
It's not, actually quite the opposite versus oppressively dry climates. Just too many delicate flowers apparently that can't handle it for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or