U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 09:47 AM

3,484 posts, read 4,378,399 times

Advertisements

I agree with those suggesting the Southwest, in general. New Mexico probably has fewer deadly snakes and spiders than Arizona, at least in urban areas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 02:52 PM

3,611 posts, read 1,535,953 times
Probably the Appalachian Chain from Knoxville , TN/Asheville, NC/Roanoke, VA region.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:00 PM

9,470 posts, read 12,319,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereafair View Post
Now...where else can I move in the USA that isn't going to kill me from either hurricanes, humidity, alligators and pythons on the loose, tornado zones, fires, earthquakes, radioactive water, radiation, etc...

Oh also I'd like it to be approximately 70 degrees year round

I'm mostly kidding but only kindof.

Help me decide where to move!

I am looking for something with milder seasons, a family town, decent Real Estate since that's my job, nice people, good schools, not massively densely populated (like 1500 per sq foot is cool with me),..

Whatcha got???

Bingo you got only one place Hawaii!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 03:44 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,262,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Bingo you got only one place Hawaii!!!

I hate to be THAT person but...

Hawaii can be somewhat prone to flash flooding after any kind of significant rainfall.

Don't forget about those volcanoes They look pretty cool but you probably wouldn't want to be in the path of one when it blows!

Also do be careful of brown recluse spiders and I think that I recall reading that some of the drier islands have scorpions.

*Trying to think that if there exists a place with no hazards that is 70 F year round

Old 04-30-2018, 05:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 12,319,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post

I hate to be THAT person but...

Hawaii can be somewhat prone to flash flooding after any kind of significant rainfall.

Don't forget about those volcanoes They look pretty cool but you probably wouldn't want to be in the path of one when it blows!

Also do be careful of brown recluse spiders and I think that I recall reading that some of the drier islands have scorpions.

*Trying to think that if there exists a place with no hazards that is 70 F year round

Brown Recluse Spider Cousin Is In Hawaii.........
Suspected spider bite hospitalizes Kalihi woman for five days - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Flash Flooding.........Is Light Weight Compared To California......
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/17/weath...ing/index.html

Volcanoes are not a Hazard To Populated Area of Hawaii.......
https://evols.library.manoa.hawaii.e...le/10524/32198

HEAVEN is not located in the United States of America , therefore Hawaii Is The Only Paradise......

Old 05-01-2018, 11:32 AM

114 posts, read 66,947 times
If you search for something along the lines of "US (or world) natural disaster map" for images on a search engine, you can find some fun maps!

This is just one I found.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:27 PM

979 posts, read 357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I'd hate to tell you , but when the sky falls, it falls everywhere. You're doomed.

Or a bunker, you can find those out on the Great Planes.
I have flown a few times in my life, but I have never been on ANY plane that had a bunker. Guess I just didn't get to fly on one of the great ones.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:38 AM

85 posts, read 56,180 times
Davis Mountain area of far west Texas. Very pleasant year round.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:11 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,238,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatOn View Post
If you search for something along the lines of "US (or world) natural disaster map" for images on a search engine, you can find some fun maps!

This is just one I found.
Newsflash. You are going to eventually die wherever you move. Just move to a place you love and enjoy, and that has a decent cemetery. You could move to Hawaii, which is supposedly disaster free, and get killed by a coconut to the head, or a speeding car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or