Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:35 AM

3,862 posts, read 3,141,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogkilla25 View Post
Hey I'm 25 currently living in Cincinnati. I'm looking to move in a couple of months mainly because this place sucks. And I've exhausted the what I needed to gain from my employer. I'm originally from Charlotte so my take on cincy as you can iminage is short. However I not looking to move back home yet.

I'm single work dude working in finance and looking for a vibrant city with a high number of other young professionals. (Decent # black professionals needed)
Need
great food
frequent concerts
Hot girls
An apartment under $1500
Cincinnati use to be cool but now it is lacking when it comes to social opportunities for your demographic. Washington DC is the perfect city for you. It hits all of your criteria. Believe me because I lived in the region for a few years. You can find rents in the city for under $1500. Houston and the other the Sun belt cities are too spread out in which you will spend too much time traveling in you car to get from point A to point B.

Last edited by Coseau; 04-27-2018 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 07:45 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Easy one. Since you're from Charlotte, maybe Atlanta but it's really a known for anyone from NC...scratch that. DC, fits the bill but also a known entity for anyone from NC...maybe too expensive. Nashville, it's up and coming with lots of Black folk but not to the level of DC or ATL (no other chocolate cities really like those two). It's an outlier to keep in mind. However, if it were me, it'd either be Houston or Dallas....affordable, warm and happening for a change of pace versus what you know regionally.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:48 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
Cincinnati use to be cool but now it is lacking when it comes to social opportunities for your demographic. Washington DC is the perfect city for you. It hits all of your criteria. Believe me because I lived in the region for a few years. You can find rents in the city for under $1500. Houston and the other the Sun belt cities are too spread out in which you will spend too much time traveling in you car to get from point A to point B.
So, you can just zip and snap and get around DC...even on metro? What are you smoking? And yes, I know DC like the back of my hand.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:45 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meng lee View Post
Hmm, I read it the same way then as the poster you just criticized. The OP said he was black, The requisite he said that he was looking for 'hot girls' - he didn't specify the race at all, but the poster that responded to him OBVIOULSY made the bad assumption and assertion/conclusion that "thus" the OP is somehow limited to "black, hot girls". Sorry, that's almost a racist conclusive assumption on the respondent's part.
No, I think you're trying to cover for a cloaked racist assumption!
Get over yourself.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:23 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,416,543 times
Quote:
Hmm, I read it the same way then as the poster you just criticized. The OP said he was black, The requisite he said that he was looking for 'hot girls' - he didn't specify the race at all, but the poster that responded to him OBVIOULSY made the bad assumption and assertion/conclusion that "thus" the OP is somehow limited to "black, hot girls". Sorry, that's almost a racist conclusive assumption on the respondent's part.
No, I think you're trying to cover for a cloaked racist assumption!
Why you are you so upset?

Quote:
I still can't figure out why it's overly necessary for the OP to mention that he's Black...white, or green as a "professional" looking to move within the US in 2018...I mean what difference does it really make? if a white young professional said he's WHITE (or Jew or Asian, or) everyone would say what difference does it make. I mean for instance the largest minority population in the US is no longer so-called black. The fastest growing population (percentage to population currently) seems to be Asian...so why the preoccupation with the black race anyway in 2018?
It makes a huge difference but you're a troll so I won't explain further.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:35 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,129,336 times
Quote:
I still can't figure out why it's overly necessary for the OP to mention that he's Black...white, or green as a "professional" looking to move within the US in 2018...I mean what difference does it really make? if a white young professional said he's WHITE (or Jew or Asian, or) everyone would say what difference does it make. I mean for instance the largest minority population in the US is no longer so-called black. The fastest growing population (percentage to population currently) seems to be Asian...so why the preoccupation with the black race anyway in 2018?
Because it's natural for a black man to desire a black woman, just like it's natural for a white man to desire a white woman and an Asian man to desire an Asian woman.

And what does the fastest growing minority population have to do with anything? It's simply a black man asking which city would fit a black male professional the best. Not a big deal.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:34 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogkilla25 View Post
Thank you all.

I'm looking for a city with:
good COL where I don't go check to check nor expensing majority on rent. So Cali and nyc are pretty much out.
Smart single women
Decent professional black population although it doesn't have to be as dense as ATL
I drive but I'm open to public I have no car note
Vibrant with a pace.....more city activities than outdoor
Close to fam is no issue
Solo living (PLAYA ****)
1)Clubs/festivals 2)arts 3)fashion forward
Warmer weather is preferred open to somewhere with all seasons

Tho I've never experienced I read on here that Boston is pretty racist. It has the young people and jobs. Chicago is a close bet it's close move and seems legit. I have fun when I go. But I've only been in the summer ����
Base on the criteria what should I check out?? Boston cool for black professionals? And is Chicago really that cold? DC or Chicago?
Boston is also really expensive, even if cheaper than NY, SF & LA. Chicago is definitely cold in the winter, being on the lake, but still has a large, refined black middle & Upper middle class (even if it's getting smaller). Philly is an option too...good-sized black professional population and cheaper than a lot of the other East Coast cities.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:12 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
I know you mentioned you were from Charlotte and didn't want to go back yet, so I'd suggest Atlanta. A great area not far from your family in Charlotte. But maybe you'd consider Charlotte later on. It has one of the biggest black middle class segments in the nation and is very highly regarded nationally. Good luck wherever you end up!

Old 05-04-2018, 04:21 AM

665 posts, read 612,865 times
Based on your profession I would have cities that had the finance industry.

1st tier: NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, SF (don't forget Oakland is right across the Bay), Atlanta
2nd tier: Nashville, Jacksonville, Dallas, Houston

Old 05-04-2018, 05:07 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Philly is an option too...good-sized black professional population and cheaper than a lot of the other East Coast cities.
I would have to disagree here having lived in Philadelphia for 10 years. There really isn't that much of a visible black professional population in Philly even though it is a minority-majority city, most Blacks tend to be lower middle class or the working/not working poor. On the other hand a city like Baltimore for instance does in fact have a sizable/visible population of Black professionals with a similar urban vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.