Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 PM

23 posts, read 74,209 times

Advertisements

Hello, for a quick life story to better understand me.... Graduated college at the University of Arkansas, moved to the Outer Banks in North Carolina where I worked for a Jet Ski Rental business (fun summer job), then moved back to Little Rock, Arkansas where I worked as a clerk for the prosecuting attorneys office, hated it, and moved to Austin, TX where I worked for Dell Computers as a sales representative and got tired of it. I am now back in Little Rock, Arkansas living with my parents looking for my next move. ;-)

I would move back to Austin, as I now realize it's a great place to be, but I want to experience as much as I can during my life, so I'm looking at other places....

To let you know the kind of guy I am, everything I own fits into my 2005 4 runner! haha... ;-) I kind of have a problem with commitment. I love the ocean and laid back people. People that are negative, I don't really care to be around them. I like to have a good time, but at the same time, I know I'm getting older and need to "settle down" a little.

If you were me, what direction would you go.... The possiblities are endless and that's what I love about life....

Good Day! ;-)

P.S. I've even considered selling my car and doing the backpacking thing through Australia, etc.. ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
If you love the ocean why not move to the ocean (if you can afford it)?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Nyc, Sf, La

Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
If you love the ocean and want affordability, and like laid back people try a small town on the golf coast of Texas

Florida is too expensive, NYC is too expensive, NJ does not have laid back people, CA is way too expensive,

Alabama, Mississipi do not have beaches I do not think, and well you know what happened to Louisiana

I do not think the carolinas have much of a beach culture, it is more of a swamp/bog on their coast

Savannah Georgia may be an option

Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM

8 posts, read 17,991 times
I've studied in Sydney for 6 months

Def. backpack through Australia - great times!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:40 PM

595 posts, read 2,344,250 times
Savannah is a nice place but it's still too conservative.

I'd say move to the Florida Gulf Coast, maybe Charleston.

I live in New Orleans and I love it but I'm getting exhausted at defending it to other people.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 PM

I should add a few things... Living by the ocean is definitely where I would like to end up, but don't have to do it now. There are a couple cities I have been looking into, Chicago and Denver. Although I don't care for cold weather, I hear so many good things about these cities. So, I think I could overlook the cold.

I like modern cities, outdoor activites, etc...

Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Nyc, Sf, La
Yes, all of those are full of "laid back people." Good thinking, Dog.

Woof.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Timeforbadbeat, I like the way you think, haha... I would truly love to backpack Australia. Like I said, I don't own anything that can't fit into my car and no longer have a girlfriend. So, I don't know when else I would have the opportunity. ;-)

Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 PM

263 posts, read 798,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Nyc, Sf, La
Hyper jerks, uptight homosexuals, freeway burnouts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.