Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times

Advertisements

How could you be sad in Billings?! That's a beautiful area with plenty to do. The winters might be kind of a drag but the recreation is endless. I live in Rapid City, which is comparable to Billings and I love the amentities here. Both cities are not too big and not too small and they offer plenty to do.

Is Billings as stagnant as Rapid City in the job area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 AM

281 posts, read 1,379,059 times
The only advice I would have is to differentiate between enjoyment and happiness. I.e. it would be fun to live right at the beach... but if it is your job that brings you happiness on a long term, go for this one.

That works for most major decisions in life.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:29 AM

10 posts, read 24,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
How could you be sad in Billings?! Is Billings as stagnant as Rapid City in the job area?
Don't get me wrong. I love Billings and would prefer to stay in the region. My problem is finding challenging and good paying work in my field. I've been doing some consulting, but the amount of travel is starting to take away from the benefit of living in Billings. The Billings economy is doing great, if you like lower paying jobs.

Houston has a huge demand for individuals with my skills and experience, but it obviously lacks the mountains and trout streams... Something I'm not sure I can live without.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 AM

10 posts, read 24,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
The only advice I would have is to differentiate between enjoyment and happiness. I.e. it would be fun to live right at the beach... but if it is your job that brings you happiness on a long term, go for this one.

That works for most major decisions in life.
Interesting comment ZipZap. I've basically had the same thoughts. One job that I've bounced around with a recruiter includes 6 weeks vacation. Heck, I haven't taken more than 2 weeks in 15 years. 6 weeks would buy me a bunch of time in the mountains of Montana and Colorado...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.