Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 960 times

Advertisements

I live in LA and am burnt.
I want to live in a city that has some culture/worldliness, mild winters, doesn't feel to claustrophobic/dense, feels polished, and really balances the benefits of city living with suburb living. For example, it's nice to be able to find a parking space at a museum...

I am drawn to places like Bellevue, WA, Highland Park, TX, Atlanta (Buckhead), GA

Any thoughts as to what places offer balance are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 09:13 PM

129 posts, read 100,874 times
I used to live in NYC and NJ. I moved near Orlando Florida. Where I live we are surrounded by farms and horse ranches. We are an hour away from Orlando where there is the usually cultural things you find in most big cities. I did not realize that Florida is the third most populous State until we moved her. I am close to many lakes for boating and fishing. Close to all the theme parks too. Aside from Orlando there is Tampa and Jacksonville for big city stuff.

No City or State taxes and they cater to older people.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:20 AM

26,869 posts, read 43,348,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityquestioner View Post
I want to live in a city that has some culture/worldliness, mild winters, doesn't feel to claustrophobic/dense, feels polished, and really balances the benefits of city living with suburb living. For example, it's nice to be able to find a parking space at a museum...

I am drawn to places like Bellevue, WA, Highland Park, TX, Atlanta (Buckhead), GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyfl View Post
I used to live in NYC and NJ. I moved near Orlando Florida. Where I live we are surrounded by farms and horse ranches. We are an hour away from Orlando where there is the usually cultural things you find in most big cities. I did not realize that Florida is the third most populous State until we moved her. I am close to many lakes for boating and fishing. Close to all the theme parks too. Aside from Orlando there is Tampa and Jacksonville for big city stuff.

No City or State taxes and they cater to older people.
Oh dear lord, not Orlando. You might look at places like Charleston SC, Sarasota FL or Ballantyne-Charlotte NC.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:26 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Oh dear lord, not Orlando. You might look at places like Charleston SC, Sarasota FL or Ballantyne-Charlotte NC.
Lol. I had the same reaction.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:04 AM

721 posts, read 791,449 times
Belle Meade
Brentwood
Forest Hills
Franklin
(Nashville suburbs)

Old 08-17-2018, 10:58 AM

367 posts, read 578,139 times
I second Nashville Metro.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:56 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,431,530 times
Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville

Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 AM

16,633 posts, read 29,310,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityquestioner View Post

Definitely Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.