Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 03:54 PM

98 posts, read 91,041 times

Advertisements

I moved to my new home around 3 years and since June of this year now for the 6th or 8th time my next door neighbor walks out of his front door and stands on his front porch kind of looking at me or looking away EVERY SINGLE TIME I cut my front lawn which joins to his front lawn at right side. Actually when I cut the left side of my front lawn he stays in his home, the moment I reach the smaller lawn to right of my driveway that joins with his front lawn is when he walks out and stands on his porch(the second I approach that part of the lawn he pops out of his front door). It seems he may be doing this on purpose and I don't know why. I'm a single guy who tends to be a loner and stay in most of the time, aside from that I have no other problems. What can I do about this because its causing me a mind disturbance.

Last edited by domic; 08-20-2018 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 04:04 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
I moved to my new home around 3 years and since June of this year now for the 10th time my next door neighbor walks out of his front door and stands on his front porch kind of looking at me or looking away EVERY SINGLE TIME I cut my front lawn which joins to his front lawn at right side. It seems he may be doing this on purpose and I don't know why. I'm a single guy who tends to be a loner and stay in most of the time, aside from that I have no other problems. What can I do about this because its causing me a mind disturbance.

He's likely a control freak and thinks you just might step over and mow a bit of his lawn...
That would kill him if you mess up his planned grass mowing protocol!

Either that or he thinks you are cute.

Watch out either way!!
Remember the guy that tackled the senator because of some lawn and brush issues!!

Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
He's likely a control freak and thinks you just might step over and mow a bit of his lawn...
That would kill him if you mess up his planned grass mowing protocol!

Either that or he thinks you are cute.

Watch out either way!!
Remember the guy that tackled the senator because of some lawn and brush issues!!
Theres no attraction. I feel like asking him is there a problem or why do you stand on the porch the second I cut this side of my lawn? If he says its just a coincidence then what? Sure seems hes doing it on purpose.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:38 PM

I feel like asking him why is it each time I cut my lawn on this side you walk out and stand on your porch? If he says its a coincidence then what do I do? It does seem hes stalking me. Any more tips please.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Ask him but in a humorous way...joking around a bit. Unless he's a total jerk, he'll answer in a easy, relaxed manner. Just laugh about it.

It is weird...

Old 08-20-2018, 04:52 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Maybe he is the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz, I have one of those across the street, nitpicks about everyone else yet is the biggest annoyance on the street.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Maybe he is the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz, I have one of those across the street, nitpicks about everyone else yet is the biggest annoyance on the street.
Very true, but it seems hes only nitpicking at me because im the loner living in the neighborhood living so close to his wife and grown up daughters. Maby he needs to learn to respect the fellow neighbor. But there are some things i could do to give him the hint im aware of his annoyance. The moment he pops up i could look away for a few seconds, or could ask him am i too close to your property, or better yet i could get away by cutting the grass directly straight ahead that leads to my backyard, then go back there minutes or 1/2 hour later. any other ideas? thanks.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:35 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Very true, but it seems hes only nitpicking at me because im the loner living in the neighborhood living so close to his wife and grown up daughters. Maby he needs to learn to respect the fellow neighbor. But there are some things i could do to give him the hint im aware of his annoyance. The moment he pops up i could look away for a few seconds, or could ask him am i too close to your property, or better yet i could get away by cutting the grass directly straight ahead that leads to my backyard, then go back there minutes later. any other ideas? thanks.
Or you could just say, "How's it going?" and introduce yourself.

What time of day are you mowing?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Or you could just say, "How's it going?" and introduce yourself.

What time of day are you mowing?
I used to say hi to him but stopped due to his nitpicking. Usually i cut the lawn different times between 9 am to 3 pm, and there he pops up. Either happened 6 or 8 times so far.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:47 PM

4,846 posts, read 2,665,246 times
next time he does it just shut the mower off and in your best Robert De Niro voice hit him with a "you looking at me?"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships