U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 AM

154 posts, read 92,074 times

Advertisements

Why I love my city Im from? Boston, MA

There's a lot I love about Boston. I really dont know where to begin. I think my greatest love of Boston is due to the things that other people don't know, like one user said previously. The feeling of neighborhood in nearly every single town/suburb, the pride from the greatest sports teams of all time, and the defensiveness towards the city and region really strike me as a community beyond any others I have lived in. Of any region I have ever been to, the Boston region is filled with beautiful architecture, even to the towns that aren't so appealing. The parks, recreation, trees and overall landscaping of the whole region are just marvelous. When you want some action you can take a ride into the most Italian influenced neighborhood in America and eat the best Italian cuisine you have ever had. Just the T ride into the city is amazing, with those around you wearing garb of either the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots and Bruins. Theres like a sense of bonding. The coastal communities that surround Boston are unmatched. There's no place like Rockport, Gloucester, Manchester by the Sea, Marblehead, Newburyport, Marthas Vineyard, the Cape, Nantucket. Recently my love for Boston has grown watching development after development rip the parking lots and garages apart to something more beautiful and iconic.. while also keeping the same iconic pleasing style. Watching the South End, Seaport District, Somerville, Kendall Square, the West End and more recently East Boston and Allston get transformed from nothing to something really speaks wonders for the city and shows how many other people love my city. It gives you a sense of pride for the little sports enthusiastic, grub lovin, T ridin, Dunkies' drinkin, Common walkin city of Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 PM

4,866 posts, read 2,997,189 times
Just moved to Greenville from Clemson, but they're both the same, except Clemson is obviously a bit younger and more of a party atmosphere,

Greenville has some great restaurants, a solid downtown, but I love the people. Super friendly and accepting. I'm an Asian guy and every time I go to a bar in this area, the guy (usually) will let me know that he doesn't care about my ethnicity and that as long as I'm nice to him they don't care that I'm not white. This happened quite a bit to me in Texas also. The south is just friendly.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:47 AM

17,423 posts, read 21,267,665 times
I just moved to Tucson from conservativeLas Vegas, seeking out the most liberal city in the Southwest, given I spent too many years in a very liberal city, Minneapolis.

I refer to this city as extremely mature and civilized. Very friendly people and very polite courteous people, largely a down to earth city. It has a Platinum Award for Bike Friendliness, bike lanes everywhere, and a 130 mile recreational bike lane circling the city. I have to laugh at some of the zany liberalism of this city, neglecting re-paving residential streets, then blowing millions on art work adorning roadways, and expensive murals and blowing millions on recreational bike paths and a lightly used light rail line from the University to Menlo park. Riding my bike down Pima Street one night, I noticed desert animals engraved into the sidewalks. How much did that cost? Love it, love it!

And I love the proximity to Mexico, 65 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or