U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Least religious region
North East 22 27.85%
Mid-Atlantic 1 1.27%
Upper Midwest 0 0%
Inner Mountain West 4 5.06%
Desert South West 2 2.53%
Pacific North West 36 45.57%
California 12 15.19%
Other 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2018, 09:10 PM
 
1,505 posts, read 523,192 times
Reputation: 1129

Advertisements

How is the Mountain West on this poll, when even Idaho is plurality Mormon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2018, 11:19 PM
 
2,790 posts, read 1,633,736 times
Reputation: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
How is the Mountain West on this poll, when even Idaho is plurality Mormon?
Is it? I thought it was like 25%. Nor sure that's high enough to be considered a plurality. Colorado, Wyoming and Nevada are known for being pretty irreligious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon (in Transition)
884 posts, read 440,209 times
Reputation: 1454
Probably the Pacific Northwest as a whole.

I give you all permission to call the Mountain West just "Mountain West" and not any of the variations "Inner Mountain...", "Inter-mountain...", etc. There is no "Outer Mountain West". No one is going to think you are talking about anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,993 posts, read 102,568,112 times
Reputation: 33059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
I voted for the Inter-Mountain West. The Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and California all worship government with unbridled zeal. The Inter-Mountain West is neither too churchy nor too statist.
We're libertarian (small "l", though there's the big "L" types, too). That doesn't mean unreligious. I'd say we're about average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
Probably the Pacific Northwest as a whole.

I give you all permission to call the Mountain West just "Mountain West" and not any of the variations "Inner Mountain...", "Inter-mountain...", etc. There is no "Outer Mountain West". No one is going to think you are talking about anywhere else.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 01:48 PM
 
4,909 posts, read 1,832,340 times
Reputation: 4647
New England and the Pacific Northwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Denver
3,192 posts, read 2,642,629 times
Reputation: 2226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That's not true when it comes to the Midwest especially, but also the Northeast (outside of New England), and Atlantic Coast. Some of the nation's largest Pentecostal groups (AOG, PAW, UPCI) are headquartered in the Midwest and have a substantial presence throughout much of the region.
Right, I did forget about the trinitarian ones . They were heathens as far my church growing up was concerned... Such a splintered denomination group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Mars City
5,091 posts, read 2,140,934 times
Reputation: 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I did forget about the trinitarian ones . They were heathens as far my church growing up was concerned.
Trinitarians...heathens?!? Trinitarians are by-definition Christians believing in the Trinity. Can't see how anyone could label them "heathens", especially with their name prominently showing their views. Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM
 
2,727 posts, read 5,148,433 times
Reputation: 1938
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
How is the Mountain West on this poll, when even Idaho is plurality Mormon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Is it? I thought it was like 25%. Nor sure that's high enough to be considered a plurality. Colorado, Wyoming and Nevada are known for being pretty irreligious.
Correct, Idaho is only around 25% LDS (and that percentage includes people who are still on LDS Church records but do not necessarily go to church or even practice the religion). That percentage may go down over the years because most of Idaho's transplants (especially to Boise) are coming from the Bay Area, Southern California, Seattle, Portland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Georgia
3,829 posts, read 1,414,730 times
Reputation: 2889
Has to be California- with all the wackos living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
 
1,505 posts, read 523,192 times
Reputation: 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Correct, Idaho is only around 25% LDS (and that percentage includes people who are still on LDS Church records but do not necessarily go to church or even practice the religion). That percentage may go down over the years because most of Idaho's transplants (especially to Boise) are coming from the Bay Area, Southern California, Seattle, Portland.
I must be mistaken. But tell me, is it that Idaho Falls is super religious and the rest of the state like Boise is more secular? Idaho Falls seemed like the most religious town I've been to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top