U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 02:29 PM

7 posts, read 3,706 times

Advertisements

Hi guys.....So glad I found this site! We're retired Californians.....but of the more conservative "boomer" persuasion. We're looking for a place to move, outside of California, with minimal to no snow, as well as a more right winged climate. (My bones don't tolerate extreme cold, nor my head the politics.) We're open to any place that's budget friendly, so the obvious popular retirement communities just won't work for us. Upon retirement we moved from our native San Diego to the less expensive Hemet valley in Riverside County which, having a very hot desert climate, is not at all green landscape friendly. What can I say....I miss my lush yard. Would love a mountain type environment with pines, but without too much snow.
I know....asking far too much.... but that's why I'm so happy to have found this site. Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Status: "Got the rocking modern neon sound" (set 7 days ago)

2,029 posts, read 1,989,082 times
My first thought is maybe eastern TN or western NC?

Old 10-09-2018, 07:03 AM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
You might check out the mountains of Northeast Georgia in/around towns like Blue Ridge or Clayton which have become popular for retirees due to cost of living along with a moderate climate (minimal snow/ice) and while it's more conservative...not rabidly.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:30 PM

2,865 posts, read 1,255,414 times
Eastern Kentucky, NE West Virginia, Eastern TN would be areas which would have greenery/mountains and be more 'right'

These areas are all pretty low cost to live in and land is relatively inexpensive as well.

Lots of greenery here too but I think it would be far too snowy here for you.

Southern VA also might be a match but I don't know how it would be in terms of the general political ideology there; maybe someone else can chime in who is familiar with the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.