U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 01:02 AM

3,767 posts, read 2,553,386 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles, where I live now I didn't care for the city or California in general when I lived on the East Coast, but then My job brought me out to the high desert area, and I began going to LA on the weekends, and started liking the city, but not exactly loving it. Then when given the chance to move anywhere in the country I decided to give LA a chance as I've never lived here, but frequented it very often. It didn't take me long to freakin fall in love with this place. I realized there are so many beautiful places in close proximity that I had never discovered, and to this day less than a year later i'm still amazed at how many beautiful interesting places that I hadn't discovered before.

When I first moved here in February I would go outside everyday in awe at just how perfect the weather was, I couldn't believe I had no idea how nice it was, and I had been here so many times as fall has arrived I have the same reaction when I go outside today. It makes it so hard for me to even stay inside, or even sleep during the day because I felt I should be outside enjoying the sunshine, and blue skies. The weather makes me much happier as an individual as well when the weather is really nice I get very upbeat, and share my enthusiasm with the people around me, and they began to realize how beautiful it is too, and they get happy as well. I even feel attached to the city now, and understand that most people will never know this city until one lives here so i've come to understand why many don't think too fondly of the city as they've most likely experienced the city.

Thinking about it I've never been to any city I didn't like i've always had a blast when visiting, but some I like better than others, I fell in love with Chicago, and St. Louis as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 12:03 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,796,503 times
Phoenix: boring at first but really liked it due to its people and its vibe

Old 10-14-2018, 06:55 AM

9,423 posts, read 18,316,727 times
Another for Phoenix as well. I had a lot pre-conceived ideas about Phoenix before actually visiting for the first time. It was also my first time in the Sonoran Desert, so I arrived coming to expect the sunbelt sprawl, but I had no idea how gorgeous the Valley of the Sun was. Driving the modem freeways around the valley at sunset made the skies and surrounding mountain ranges shaded in beautiful color silhouetted by saguaro cacti was a pretty captivating moment and any negative thoughts I had about the place seemed to melt away. I thought it was going to be soulless place, but there are a lot of beautiful, scenic, and attractive areas around the valley that make it unique that I grew to love Phoenix and the valley after that. It's downtown is improving with a lot of new infill, as are Tempe and Scottsdale.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:35 AM

5,611 posts, read 6,085,781 times
My first visit to Chicago was horrible. I thought it was a crime ridden hell hole.

When I visited there as an adult I knew I would have to live there one day.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:11 PM

21,957 posts, read 22,099,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Phoenix: boring at first but really liked it due to its people and its vibe
I used to travel to various cities throughout the west on business, and despite all of my visits to Phoenix being in the middle of the summer, I always looked forward to going there because of the nice people.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:16 PM

7,140 posts, read 5,412,384 times
Raleigh, NC
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ann Arbor, MI

Old 10-17-2018, 03:52 PM

17,662 posts, read 4,058,482 times
I was not that impressed with Roswell,New Mexico but i went back one time and i knew that I have to live there someday possibly.I fell in love with Roswell.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:05 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,516,044 times
Cincinnati, OH
Greensboro, NC
Orlando, FL
St. Petersburg, FL
Omaha, NE
Savannah, GA
Boise, ID
Providence, RI

Old 10-18-2018, 05:57 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,100,189 times
Atlanta.

At first, it was a sprawling suburb with nice strip malls. After a while, and in experiencing the more hidden enclaves and more time on the Beltline, I began to feel a certain kind of way. Probabaly my favorite southern city not named Charleston/Savannah.

If only it had more daytime/nighttime buzz.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:32 AM

664 posts, read 581,294 times
Memphis, TN
Knoxville, TN

Love both of these Tennessee cities. Didn't at first, but great people and had tons of fun in both places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or