U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a neighborhood bar within walking distance of your house?
Yes 73 73.00%
No 27 27.00%
I live in Utah 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:28 PM

853 posts, read 546,905 times

Advertisements

Not many in my neighborhood, but I am about 5 blocks from 2 bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 08:03 AM

45,091 posts, read 36,318,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Your question is not the topic of this thread. If you have an interest in it, I encourage you to open a new thread. I have no interest in posting in it, however.
Feel free to report any posts you consider off topic and if the mods agree with you, they will delete them.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:14 AM

45,091 posts, read 36,318,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I think it's common in a lot of places--and may have to do with the laws. Nearly every bar I've been to has a full menu. Even the ones that didn't serve main dinner dishes had a (usually lengthy) selection of casual fare.

The only place I've been to that didn't sell food was double Nickel Brewing Co. in Pennsauken NJ. They offered a variety of snacks and had menus for the restaurants which would deliver.
This has been my experience as well here in NE Texas.

Many restaurants have separate bar areas and you can order at the bar from the full menu. There are some bars that are simply bars but as far as I know (having been to some but of course not all of them) but all of them I'm familiar with have at least a wide assortment of appetizer/snack style options. I've never seen "just peanuts" at a bar locally.

We have plenty of bar options, but our small city is not big on "walkability" outside the downtown square area. There are some lofts and apartments and even houses in that area, and they would say that they have
bars within walking distance, but even those bars have extensive parking available, for patrons such as me who are driving in from suburbs or neighborhoods outside the downtown area.

And of course, Uber and Lyft and other taxi services.

Basically our economy locally is "car centric" or rather "truck centric!" It's spread out quite a bit and there just isn't much of a "pub scene." People who live here seem to love it and the local economy is booming and super healthy, but it's not a pub sort of small city, though there are some really nice bars in this town. Check out the one below, for example:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...er=7&autoplay=

Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 10,903,401 times
Interesting poll. I guess "City" data does live up to its name. I live 3 short blocks from a small commercial strip of bars, restaurants, ice cream shop, a library, a bank, movie theater, among other things. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:05 PM

38,121 posts, read 55,915,020 times
Several bars in walking distance. But of course no one is walking here...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:50 AM

6,869 posts, read 7,820,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Feel free to report any posts you consider off topic and if the mods agree with you, they will delete them.
LOL. While I consider your query off-topic and uninteresting, I donít find it a personal attack on me or otherwise offensive. Thatís my trigger for reporting a post.

In fact, Iíve gotten pretty bored with the whole thread topic. This affords you one of your favorite opportunities: having the final word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or