Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM

285 posts, read 700,523 times

Advertisements

In Youngstown, Ohio, we see lots of Pennsylvania license plates. The state line is only fifteen minutes away.

Other commonly seen license plates include New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Illinois, and Michigan.

Interestingly enough, you don't see as many West Virginia plates as you would expect; the northern panhandle of West Virginia is only about 45 minutes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,643,141 times
I've honestly seen eurpean plates here in Orlando before. And pretty much every state here as well.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,713,176 times
In Oklahoma City I see tons of Texas plates, followed by Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, California and occasionally Florida, New Mexico, Ohio and Michigan plus a host of others from time to time. I didn't realize how many Florida plates were around until Oklahoma redesigned theirs. The old ones looked much like a Florida plate, so it was hard to distinguish between the two. Now OK has red, white and blue plates, so the green and white Florida plates stand out more. I guess we so many because there are 3 different interstates running through town, as well as Tinker Air Force Base.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,870,614 times
For some reason, for the past year or so, there's been an upsurge in plates from Ohio and Idaho on cars that appear to be driven by farm workers. This is all the way in Southern NJ I might add, quite a distance from Idaho.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,352,431 times
Here in Minnesota, I see a lot of Wisconsin, Michigan, Manitoba, North Dakota, Iowa, South Dakota, Illinois, and strangely enough, Georgia plates.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:15 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,527,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I've honestly seen eurpean plates here in Orlando before. And pretty much every state here as well.
Haha, I saw an EU plate not long ago and it freaked me out! I could only assume they had just moved here, though plenty of Brits make Lubbock a stop because they're huge fans of Buddy Holly.

I would say about a quarter of the plates here are either New Mexico or Oklahoma. Other than those two, the most common out-of-state plates are Colorado, Arizona, Minnesota, Illinois, and Florida. The only plates that I haven't seen much of are the New England and Mid-Atlantic states with New York and Pennsylvania being exceptions.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,132,477 times
Arizona, nevada, Indiana, New Mexico, baja california (Mexico)

Old 06-24-2010, 01:09 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,968,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I lived in Warsaw, Poland for a while... and several times I would see vehicles with Jersey plates... it was was so strange.. ha ha but then again nothing surprises me anymore. I know my home state (West Virginia) has agreements with several foreign nations to make having dual drivers license-ships an easy process. Most recently France and WV have made an agreement. So I suppose if you wanted to take your vehicle with you on vacay or any other purpose to Europe, it would be quite easy now.

Ahhh, globalization...

For the OP...

In Huntington, WV...

Ohio, Kentucky plates are as common as WV plates. Rounding out the 10...

1. WV
2. OH
3. KY
4. VA
5. SC
6. MD
7. NC
8. FL
9. PA
10. IA

Old 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,851,585 times
In Boise, I notice a lot plates from Washington, Oregon, California-(probably the highest amount of out of state plates in Boise and Idaho) , Montana, Utah, Texas, Maine, British Columbia, and even New York, yes New York.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,259,258 times
In St Paul I see a lot of Wisconsin liscense plates. I'll see Illinois once or twice a week and North Dakota, South Dakota, and Iowa even rarer than that. Other than that it is not common to see other licsense plates seeing how remote we are and most people from other major cities just fly here and rent a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.