U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which offers a better quality of life?
The US 102 45.74%
Canada 100 44.84%
It's a tie 21 9.42%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 05:07 AM

21,961 posts, read 27,390,495 times

Advertisements

Be Proud you totally missed my point.

Not every culture is present in every country or city so their presence or absence does not affect quality of life overall. It just can't otherwise no comparisons are possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 11:45 AM

12,703 posts, read 8,775,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Not every culture is present in every country or city so their presence or absence does not affect quality of life overall. It just can't otherwise no comparisons are possible.
They missed all of my points as well.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:54 AM

17,971 posts, read 8,932,033 times
The diversity of climate alone gives the U.S. a huge edge.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:16 PM
BMI

7,266 posts, read 4,519,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The diversity of climate alone gives the U.S. a huge edge.
Maybe, maybe not.

Edge....yes....huge edge no....

For example, China has a great diversity of climate....but doesn’t translate to better quality of life
compared to Canada, Sweden, or USA.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:23 PM

926 posts, read 316,325 times
Quote:

No.I didnt miss your point at all.You have certainly miss mine and have dismissed it as irrelevant.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Edge....yes....huge edge no....

For example, China has a great diversity of climate....but doesn’t translate to better quality of life
compared to Canada, Sweden, or USA.
But the US is not China.And the gap between both is not night and day as both are developed countries

Old 11-25-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
They missed all of my points as well.
No.I didnt miss your point at all.You have certainly miss mine and have dismissed it as irrelevant.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:18 AM

21,961 posts, read 27,390,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
No, your point is clear. But still flawed.

The fact that "culture X" is not present in a city is not a relevant measure for comparing the quality of life in cities across the world.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:16 AM

3,235 posts, read 1,565,563 times
Ok .... I get the point. USA BAD ..... CANADA BETTER, GOOD, COMPASSIONATE, and claims its poor are better taken care of.

But Canada doesn't want uneducated poor folk of the world. Let them go to the US. It uses a points system for immigration to gain it. Add the illegal immigration the US has for decades ballooned.... even mighty Canada would many more issues to deal with as the US.

Ethnic divides that clearly cause divisions even politically today. There are reasons extremism is more prevalent in the US today.

I say let Canadians feel they live on the better side of the border. Why argue the point. Same things they will point out since the thread began.

I'm fine with it..... or this thread could just keep repeating most of the same reasons.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
No, your point is clear. But still flawed.

The fact that "culture X" is not present in a city is not a relevant measure for comparing the quality of life in cities across the world.
Not what I said or eluded to.My stance is if everyone does not enjoy equal quality of life regardless of race,religion,ethnicity etc.then itsonly a good quality of life for some.
Germans in Germany had better quality of life than Jews.Does that meant Germany had excellent quality of life?No it doesnt.
This is no different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or