U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 04:10 PM

659 posts, read 318,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
I find salami to be the gold standard of deli meats
You should try 'Nduja. But then again, just because I have first-hand experience in having tasted both salami and 'nduja does not make me right. It's just different and based on personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
I have. It usually came down to the cost and expense of owning one. Several did, but did not use them as much as they would like. I remember commenting on how it seems like you walk for miles on the underground in London getting to connecting trains. The waitress at the bar we were at rolled her eyes and said I know, I deal with it everyday coming to work. She had a car, I actually rode in it, but she said the cost was too high driving into the city center.

I did take my mom on a guided tour for her birthday and I had a blast even though I was the youngest by 20-30 years. All my other trips I was in my mid 20ís to early 30ís with my peers. We partied more with the locals than most could ever imagine. Iíve also visited friends that worked for me and they took all around as well, so I think I might just a bit more familiar than most.

And for the record saying your comments are based on first hand experience doesnít mean theyíre anymore right than anyone Iíve known. Just different.
Point taken.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 05:59 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,129,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I apologize. I'd still like to know what makes MPLS the gold standard. I mean, the DFL, which runs the show there, is as corrupt as all the rest. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Huh? Itís one of the best run metros in the country by most metrics. The biggest problem MPLS has is the huge racial achievement gap.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:39 AM

2,090 posts, read 1,112,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
Huh? Itís one of the best run metros in the country by most metrics. The biggest problem MPLS has is the huge racial achievement gap.
MSP has a tier 1 QOL. It's good in almost every measurable statistic.

I will say, I have never found to be great or stand-out in any one way. I'm not sure it's the gold standard, though a lot of cities could certainly follow the MSP model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or