U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 10:32 PM

4,812 posts, read 4,991,602 times

Advertisements

Auburn, CA - Best Pick - 36 inches/yr. Gets more sun than Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa, CA - Best Pick - 32 inches/yr.

Sacramento comes close but not rainy enough 20 inches/yr - Gets the most sun.

Santa Cruz comes close but not sunny enough - 36 inches/yr
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 10:03 PM

148 posts, read 65,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localtourist23 View Post
Thanks for the incredibly in depth response, Texas is definitely a place I had been eyeing. Stayed in Austin before and really enjoyed the climate, aside from the ridiculous summer heat. I see Fredericksburg is about, on average, 3 degrees cooler so I might look into that. Thank you!
You're welcome. I didn't realize how small an area of the country this was until I started sifting through the data. I've heard great things about Austin from a co-worker so that sounds like a good place to start. Abilene has the lowest average humidity of those Texas cities, Brownsville and Kingsville have the highest while Austin and Fredericksburg are in the middle:

1. Abilene, TX: Humidity: 59% (furthest from Gulf)
2. Fredericksburg, TX: Humidity: 67%
3. Killeen, TX: Humidity: 67%
4. Waco, TX: Humidity: 67%
5. Austin, TX: Humidity: 67%
6. Kingsville, TX: Humidity: 76%
7. Brownsville, TX: Humidity: 76% (closest to Gulf)

Old 11-11-2018, 12:01 AM

95 posts, read 26,451 times
Such climates exist but not in the US. Most such places are in the southern hemisphere near the coast. For example, in South America from roughly Buenos Aires in Argentina to Florianopolis in Brazil; from Capetown to East London in South Africa; the east coast of Australia south of Sydney and the south west corner south of Perth, the North island of New Zealand. There are probably a number of smaller islands that would meet your criteria but I would guess my suggestions will be summarily dismissed as you won't want to leave the US.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:36 AM
BMI

7,262 posts, read 4,492,065 times
Napa, California ....annual precipitation 28” ...average highs range from 58F to 82F

Ukiah, California....annual precipitation 39”....average highs range from 56F to 90F

Hard to get that combo of precipitation and temps, with low humidity and high sunshine.
Northern California is best.

Ruidoso, New Mexico....annual precipitation 23”(high for SW) ....average highs range from 50F to 82F
Only downside is at 6,900 ft elevation, Ruidoso gets a fair amount of snow, great if you
love skiing....Ski Apache is only a few miles away, good ski conditions at 12,000 ft summit.

Arizona also has a few micro climates at high elevations that might work too,
much cooler in summer, much higher precipitation than lower elevations
I personally like Jerome, also Payson.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,671,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localtourist23 View Post
Hello all, so climate is very important to me regarding an upcoming move I plan on making, and after hours of relentless research, I've come to a roadblock. I'm looking for a city that doesnt get too humid, yet recieves a solid amount of rainfall every year(think 30 inches or so) 1 that is also sunny around and upwards of 65% of the year, and stays within the 40-90 degree Fahrenheit throughout the year. Essentially a sunnier version of seattle, or a wetter version of San Diego. I haven't found any climate like this(aside from maybe Hawaii, which I can't relocate to) but if anyone knows of a place that fits the bill or is remotely close to it, thatd be wonderful and id appreciate it greatly. Does my idea of perfect weather exist? Thank you.
You'll probably have to give on 1 or 2 things on this list, of course the big aspect your missing is Cost of Living. Any place in CA close to your requirements is going to be through the roof for COL.

Tucson gets close to LAs average rainfall at 12" per year, it's one of the lushest desert climates in the world but does have 2 months a year with average highs above 100. It does however have reasonable cost of living and really solid climate it 8 or so months of the year.

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climat...tates/usaz0247

Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM

6,059 posts, read 3,379,100 times
West central Texas. Not too rainy, not too dry. Doable humidity. Hot in the summer but less humid than say, Dallas or Houston. Occasional freezes but most winter highs are above 40 F.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:55 PM

274 posts, read 287,279 times
Asheville, NC?

Old 12-31-2018, 08:35 AM

181 posts, read 374,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
No, you can't find that anywhere. Places with 40-90 degree temperatures are either going to be dry and not green, or humid.

My best guess is somewhere in Kansas, where all of your criteria will be off, but not excessively in any direction.
Kansas is also especially interesting during spring tornado season, where you can easily go to sleep in Kansas and wake up in Missouri.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:39 PM

18,925 posts, read 6,850,118 times
If OP means no temps outside of the 40-90 range, but not California, that leaves the South Florida metro and the Florida Keys. Because you have to consider observed temperatures, not just averages.

You have to go to a place that is Hardiness Zone 11A for the lowest temp of the year to be 40°F+, and that's SE Florida in the East

Old 01-01-2019, 08:41 PM

18,925 posts, read 6,850,118 times
But if he means no highs below 40, that means the I-10 corridor or southward in the East. Places where the lowest high of the year doesn't go below 40°F generally have Palm Trees, and usually have an average high of at least 59°F to 60°F in January
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.