U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 06:39 AM

2,006 posts, read 1,022,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
You asked why it mattered. I answered. Itís highly unlikely that this doesnít happen.
That wasn't my point. It might happen, and be that way for years, and then it might change, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 08:29 AM

3,798 posts, read 8,172,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
You wouldn't be proud if Minnesota had 15 million people in it? That's pretty sad and weird at the same time..
Sorry, but I think our 5 million is just fine. There is a great balance of urban living within the Twin Cities, yet, easy to escape to wilderness and our outdoors, which is some of the best in the country.

With increased and unsustainable population, the natural environment suffers due to pollution - There is an increase in crime - This also includes increased sprawl and traffic.

but, yeah I guess that's sad and weird.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Sorry, but I think our 5 million is just fine. There is a great balance of urban living within the Twin Cities, yet, easy to escape to wilderness and our outdoors, which is some of the best in the country.

With increased and unsustainable population, the natural environment suffers due to pollution - There is an increase in crime - This also includes increased sprawl and traffic.

but, yeah I guess that's sad and weird.
The Great Lakes states are just fine without 15 million people. Yikes, why would we want that?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:47 AM

6,514 posts, read 9,063,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
You wouldn't be proud if Minnesota had 15 million people in it? That's pretty sad and weird at the same time..
Why would you want that? Increased cost of living and less wildlife areas and state parks, what's the draw of 15 million people in a state like Minnesota???

Old 11-21-2018, 01:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 2,563,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
The Great Lakes states are just fine without 15 million people. Yikes, why would we want that?
Apparently people moving to the different states think the same about the great lakes states they are probably like "yikes, why would we want that?" LMAO.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Apparently people moving to the different states think the same about the great lakes states they are probably like "yikes, why would we want that?" LMAO.
Actually, it's great here. Fires, earthquakes, and water shortages aren't a concern, here. We aren't restricted as to how many gallons of water we can use a day...that means, we don't have to time our showers, and we can water our lawns.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:38 PM

3,771 posts, read 2,563,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
Actually, it's great here. Fires, earthquakes, and water shortages aren't a concern, here. We aren't restricted as to how many gallons of water we can use a day...that means, we don't have to time our showers, and we can water our lawns.
I see that's still not enough to draw people, or keep them from leaving. BTW where are people restricted as to how many gallons of water they can use in a day? Cape Town South Africa? I haven't heard this yet.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:15 PM

6,974 posts, read 14,102,736 times
Quote:
I see that's still not enough to draw people, or keep them from leaving. BTW where are people restricted as to how many gallons of water they can use in a day? Cape Town South Africa? I haven't heard this yet.
The only state that touches the Great Lakes that lost population is Illinois. And I'd bet that's due to the non-Chicago area. Chicago isn't "booming" because the south and west sides are killing each other and bleeding population by death or escaping the violence. Meanwhile, the North Side is doing fantastically.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio grew in population. So did PA and NY which touch the Great Lakes.

Not making a comment on reasons for the increase rather than decrease, just stating a fact that none of them are losing population. Some of the most successful small/mid size metros are in states that touch the Great Lakes. Minneapolis, Madison, Grand Rapids, Indy, Columbus. And, again, Chicago is not this hellhole that everyone thinks it is. It's still one of the greatest cities in the world and continues to perfect itself daily.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
California.....

Old 11-21-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Glad, at least, that you are impressed with yourself. And, seriously, you don't know that California has water restrictions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or