U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:45 AM

9,418 posts, read 5,238,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Number 2 on the list, I'd say Philadelphia would be next most conservative after Houston. Really, if Houston wasn't on this list at all it would be a very good question, and very close anyway you slice it.
Ah, no about Philadelphia.

It's been a Democratic city since 1952. And something else conservatives loathe: a sanctuary city.

But yes there are conservatives in the city. However SE PA, which includes the city and four surrounding counties, is the most consistently blue part of PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,989 times
Now Illinois has democratic governor. Hope that makes Chicago less conservative. I honestly didn't know that Philly was conservative at all, being close to NYC, Boston, and DC. Could you please guys shed some lights on that?

Old 11-08-2018, 09:15 PM

1,827 posts, read 530,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_tern View Post
Now Illinois has democratic governor. Hope that makes Chicago less conservative. I honestly didn't know that Philly was conservative at all, being close to NYC, Boston, and DC. Could you please guys shed some lights on that?
It's not conservative.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:47 AM

44,682 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Here is a anecdotal. I know a Hispanic woman in Texas who is passionately against the caravan coming to the U.S. i asked and she said most of her (all Hispanic) friends and family feel the same way.
I have lived in Texas for nearly 30 years and this is what I've seen too. I also know a lot of very politically conservative Hispanics, many of whom supported Ted Cruz in the recent elections.

In my opinion, Houston is the most conservative of the cities listed.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM

4,845 posts, read 2,975,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have lived in Texas for nearly 30 years and this is what I've seen too. I also know a lot of very politically conservative Hispanics, many of whom supported Ted Cruz in the recent elections.

In my opinion, Houston is the most conservative of the cities listed.
Yep. I have plenty of Hispanic friends that are against this caravan. And honestly, many that are Trump supporters.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:36 PM

611 posts, read 435,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
These are some of the bluest cities in the country, except for Houston.
Houston is the most conservative of the bunch but it's not THAT conservative.
You would still be right without adding that except for Houston but.
Again Houston is conservative as COMPARED to the other cities but Houston consistently votes democratic and this year Beto O Rouke got almost 60% of the vote in Harris county despite Harris having more than 2 million people outside the city.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Houston is the most conservative of the bunch but it's not THAT conservative.
You would still be right without adding that except for Houston but.
Again Houston is conservative as COMPARED to the other cities but Houston consistently votes democratic and this year Beto O Rouke got almost 60% of the vote in Harris county despite Harris having more than 2 million people outside the city.
Look 3 hours west to Austin. 75% for Beto and Austin has less diversity than Houston.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Look 3 hours west to Austin. 75% for Beto and Austin has less diversity than Houston.
You are not disproving my point.
Again what you are doing to not long as to whether Houston votes conservative or liberal.
I did say it is the most conservative COMPARATIVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Showing how much Austin voted dies not negate the fact that Beto got almost 60% of the vote in Harris county.

60% democratic is democratic period!!!
Bringing up Austin means nothing

Old 11-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
You are not disproving my point.
Again what you are doing to not long as to whether Houston votes conservative or liberal.
I did say it is the most conservative COMPARATIVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Showing how much Austin voted dies not negate the fact that Beto got almost 60% of the vote in Harris county.

60% democratic is democratic period!!!
Bringing up Austin means nothing
LOL triggered. Listen, all major cities will lean democrat. Most rural areas lean conservative. So Houston is absolutely not among the bluest of the blues. There's nothing uniquely liberal about Houston, especially compared to other US cities and even among it's Texas peers.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
LOL triggered. Listen, all major cities will lean democrat. Most rural areas lean conservative. So Houston is absolutely not among the bluest of the blues. There's nothing uniquely liberal about Houston, especially compared to other US cities and even among it's Texas peers.
51% is lean democratic.
Again I will say it slowly so you will understand what I'm saying. I said Houston is comparatively more conservative but it's not a conservative city i voted almost 60% for the wildly progressive Beto O'Rourke.
Do you need me to break it down for you again cause you keep repeating things that are outside the point I'm making
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or