U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 01:06 PM

926 posts, read 315,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
So when you call others arrogant or tell them to stay where they are, when they have a different opinion then yours, you do that because you accept their opinion and don't have a problem with it. Got you!

Talking about disingenuous... again you should look in the mirror.
I thoght I was but saw you and realized it was glass I guess I really do see through you.

Why sit here and just quote part of what I said ?You need to be right that bad?WOW
Funny how you misquote instead of just placing the quote I actually said.

I said IF YOU INTEND TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PLACE BECAUS you DISLIKE THE CULTURE,Stay put.
I said nothing about not sharing an opinion.
You are just straight up being a liar now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 04:06 PM

367 posts, read 269,748 times
In PNW....you better be sure to seek a "sunbelt" if you're subject to SAD in any way.

In the Southeast, a good amount of sun, but very hot humid summers... latter is not as bad, in my experience, as constant overcast/rain. All the outdoor charm disappears when it's constantly dump, moldy, rainy (cold rain), drizzly, you just want to hide from this, not go out there, and waterproof gear feels like a space suit...and it's dark a lot, also.

I agree about PNW conifer forests (in Western WA at least) having gloomy appearance... tree crowns have very dark color, it adds to overall darkness of the wet season (which is most of the year).

I would not live in PNW again even if they paid me to.

Last edited by Usrname; 12-07-2018 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
What's your preference, Poached Salmon or Fried Chicken?
What if the salmon is farmed and chicken is organic?

Old 12-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Angry, no. But it's a prying question, and here in the Northwest it generally won't be asked. And we don't have to have that potentially-awkward discussion.

The fact that some people don't get this illustrates my point perfectly.
The only 2 times in my life I was invited to "church" were in the state of....WA and in the state of Alabama.
Rural WA it's like Alabama with rains. I think WA got more crackheads.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Many people in the south recycle. There are recycling centers all over the place. Every company that I worked for has had recycling bins.

People in the south are no doubt less likely to virtue signal about recycling. It seems like a lot of these environmentalists in the PNW are tooting their horn a little to much about being 'green'. We need Randy Moss to give them a little 'toot toot'.
I'm all for recycling, but it cracks me to see stuff like expensive clothes made of "recycled tires"...this stuff is outright toxic.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
I'm disappointed in my non-religious friends that being invited to church assumes your Christian. That's like saying that being invited to a dance assumes you know how or like to dance. That's simply weakness and people need to cut that out. I lived in the middle East once and got asked to go to the Mosque plenty of times. If I met a stranger who asked, I didn't assume anything. Anything to the idea that being asked is being forced or assumes anything or is akin to being forced is just plain silly.
I was invited to mosque once....in the Deep South.
And I've been subject to Christian preaching in stores...in Western WA, which never happened to me in the Deep South....

In PNW, once you step outside few cities, I guarantee it's more hardcore than Alabama.
I mean when you come to a Wamart parking lot and you see camo RV, some camo cars and camo undies and bedding inside and everything is camo...or go to a "natural foods" store and get preached Jesus...you know you're in rural PNW!

Last edited by Usrname; 12-07-2018 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 05:06 PM

1,900 posts, read 831,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
I thoght I was but saw you and realized it was glass I guess I really do see through you.

Why sit here and just quote part of what I said ?You need to be right that bad?WOW
Funny how you misquote instead of just placing the quote I actually said.

I said IF YOU INTEND TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PLACE BECAUS you DISLIKE THE CULTURE,Stay put.
I said nothing about not sharing an opinion.
You are just straight up being a liar now

This was your response to a post of mine in which I did not attack you in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
WOW.
Then you should stay put.
Dont go South.
Amazing the arrogance.

So you need to look harder in that mirror instead of trying to make witty remarks and failing.
Again who is being disingenuous here.

Also my last two quote of yours were in full. So you starting to look bad here.....

Old 12-07-2018, 05:08 PM

5,128 posts, read 5,848,980 times
Religion aside, my understanding is that outside the major cities, people in the PNW are pretty conservative.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Religion aside, my understanding is that outside the major cities, people in the PNW are pretty conservative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_5fZP9DRuY
Most of WA is like this, including PNW.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 PM

4,490 posts, read 2,676,874 times
Once, a candidate for Washington governor was going to "govern from the Bible," state constitution be damned. She got 42%. Yes, Washington can be bat**** crazy outside of the Seattle area, where she had a clear majority. We might go overboard in the other direction sometimes of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or