U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 01:09 PM

1,508 posts, read 528,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Most of you will think this is frivolous but it's important to me...more so than common factors such as "good schools". One reason I might prefer the south is I prefer women who wear a lot of makeup. My impression is Southern women wear the most makeup and Northwestern women wear the least...usually none and it looks awful to me. Thankfully I live in a NW city that is 50% Hispanic and the latinas wear a ton of makeup. If it wasnt for the Hispanic population I would relocate because of this.
Actually, I'm from Southern California (Orange County/San Diego) and all the women (Hispanic and non-Hispanic alike) wear makeup. Also, I see more women wearing dresses and skirts in SoCal more than I did in Louisiana and Mississippi. Ironically, it seems like the women in the South are more tomboyish (not butch, though) than women in Southern California. I don't know. Maybe it's just SoCal, because Hollywood is there and puts enormous pressure on women's fashions and image.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 01:10 AM

31 posts, read 22,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

The problem is that the higher Seattle wages don't buy much. People with really ordinary jobs in the southeast can live in nicer houses. I think you really have to love the natural environment/climate and/or job opportunities in the PNW to make up for the fact that your purchasing power doesn't go as far.
Agree here. I love living in western Washington but I'm very aware that I'm paying to live here. You have to make peace with that. I have.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or